Chapter Ten

Authors Note
I wanted to try writing in first person POV and see if I like it, I ain't used to it but imma try.
Let me know what y'all think.

——————————————————————

If I had an option I wouldn't be here right now, all these killing and selling dope shit was fun when I was younger, it made me feel powerful and I loved it. But lately I've been thinking about straightening up a little bit, so to speak. I got more money than I need, so money ain't the issue. But there was absolutely no way I was gonna bail on my pops.

To say I'm exhausted would be a gross understatement, the last couple of days has been hell. My pop's former associate was stirring shit up so we had to handle business, but all I want to do now is get some fucking sleep.

I'm half asleep as I pull up in the driveway, I noticed the lights were on in the living room. Pops had to go to Chicago for a few days, and I just came from dropping Rico off, so it was just me, and those lights were definitely turned off when I left. Immediately I pulled my gun out and approached the front door carefully, the last thing I wanted to do was to drop another body today, but I guess someone had other ideas.

Getting closer, I stood in the doorway frozen. The door was already open, the door frame had been splintered by a pry bar, the lock shattered. "What the fuck?"

I shoved the door open and charged into my bedroom. Everything was in ruins, everything in my bedroom had been ripped to shreds. My plasma was shattered on the floor, my clothes were ripped and thrown everywhere, my laptop broken, even the mattress was ripped apart. Everything in my room was slashed and torn and heaped on the floor, it looked like a hurricane struck in here. Whoever did this had some personal issues with me, and this was gon cause them their lives.

Slowly, numbly, I made my way through the mess, I had to check my safe, I really fucking hope they didn't get into my safe.

They sure tried, my safe has scratches all over it, clearly they tried to get in. But that thing was practically made out of vibranium. Quickly I picked up my backpack that thankfully made it out alive, and emptied the contents of my safe in there. Money, guns, and most importantly the hard drive.

I had to call my pops, the sooner we figure out who was behind this the better. My phone dinged and I checked and it was Sebby. Fuck I was supposed to call him hours ago.

Brat💦: can you come to the hospital? My mom is sick and I need you, please.

My heart sank, I know how much Sebby's mom means to him, but my day was fucked enough as is, I didn't need his father's crap on top of it. "Sheriff Jackson!" I muttered in contempt, that asshole. Who else had more than one motive to do this? He hates me and wants me to stay away from his son, plus one of the contents of that hard drive is the leverage we have over him. That bastard sent his goons to kill me.

Next thing I know I'm in my car speeding to the hospital, I haven't slept in two days and I probably shouldn't be driving right now but fuck that.
——

It wasn't difficult to locate were Sebby's mom was, he'd sent the details I needed in his second text.
Immediately he saw me he stood up and ran towards me, he'd clearly been crying. But as much as I wanted to comfort him, I came here to talk to his dad, so I walk past him and pulled the room door open. Sebby's mom was hooked to an IV, I couldn't help but notice she looked whiter that usual. Next to her was Sabrina and Ayanna. On the other side stood the man i was looking for.

"What the hell are you doing here? You have some nerve coming here boy!" Sebby's father blurted. But before he could say anything else I was punching him straight in the face.