6

Chapter six

"Go along with everything I do, okay?" 

Liam intertwined our hands as we walked around the crowded area. People stared, and I could tell it was because he was good looking. Liam Braxton was one of those people that you saw at the grocery store, then felt genuine sadness because you'd never see such a perfect person ever again.

The guy was that good looking. Even I had to admit.

I felt my cheeks heating up as I tried looking at floor and following the brunette wherever he was leading me. "Since when are you so cool about our fake relationship? I thought it was super exhausting or something."

"It is." Liam chuckled. "But..." he turned to look at me for a second as we continued to walk hand in hand. "I've met so many people just in the short time we've been at this party. Your family... they know an abundance of powerful people. I'm starting to see being your fake boyfriend has a lot more perks than I thought."

I couldn't help the small smile that grazed my lips as I looked down again. Thank God he was having a relatively decent time. I had dragged this guy into such a ridiculous situation, it felt good knowing he was at least having an okay time.

"By the way, we're going to a Halloween party next week."he continued.

"What?"

"Your sister introduced me to a ton of models and started telling them how our six month anniversary was on Halloween, so they invited us to a party." He chuckled. "Can you believe that?"

Before I could even think about what he'd just told me, we finally came to a stop. My eyes widened a bit as I finally saw the people in front me.

Oh no.

I turned to Liam, and he gave my hand a slight squeeze. He did this in purpose. Why? Was he seriously just.. looking for Amy and Russell through the crowd so he could come and talk to them? Again, whyyyyyy?

"Noah, we were just talking about you!" Lily smiled widely as she turned to the two of us. "I literally just bumped into Amy and I was about to call you to come bring Liam!" I opened my mouth, only to close it as I looked around. Relax. I repeated in my head. Relax. You knew you'd eventually have to do this. Of course you did.

Amy stood next to Russell and a pretty brunette girl I'd seen talking to Liam earlier with some other girls I'd assumed were models. She looked like she was about to say something, but her phone suddenly began to ring.

"Oh." She gasped, pulling out the small device from her purse. "Please excuse me." She smiled at us and began walking away.

Leaving me with my sister, Amy and Russell.

Fuck.

I looked at Amy and noticed her eyes widen as she stared at Liam next to me. She looked so beautiful with her fitted white dress that allowed her body to be outlined perfectly. She'd straightened her long blonde hair, parting it in the middle and tucking it behind her ears. Russell looked between Liam and I with an innocent smile, even going as far as acting surprised to see us like he hadn't just told me off a couple minutes ago.