Chapter 87

S t e l l a

"My bladder feels like it's going to explode," I complain. Harry stares at me from across the kitchen, shirtless. The morning light makes his skin look nearly flawless, I can't seem to keep my eyes off of him.

"How many times are you going to say that?" He pours two glasses of milk and hands me one. Lux reaches up to grab her glass with both her hands, she had been complaining for it since 7 this morning. Harry smiles down at her and I can tell how much his misses her by the way his eyes gloss over. He blinks a couple of times before looking back at me. 

"Thank you." Her voice is quiet, and soon she has a milk-stache. She scampers away nearly knocking Liam over as he finally exits the bathroom. 

"Thank God," Harry murmurs. I shoot him a glare.

"Good morning everyone," Liam politely greets. Harry only nods and I quietly slip away to the bathroom before I pee myself. 

I hear Harry's deep voice and Liam's as well as they engage in minimal conversation. I stare at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath. I brush my index finger across my dark circles and open the cabinet reaching for my concealer. 

3 days. It has been 3 days since I left home. I have no idea how my parents are doing, what happened after I left and if my father is stable or not. The same day I left, Harry and I went to his fathers house. It was brief, so brief that I'm not even sure he got all of his things. He wouldn't let me come inside, he was nearly skeptical about letting me come along with him in the first place, but I persuaded him enough to let come along for the ride. As much as he won't admit, he is still grieving. He says he is finished but I notice how long he takes to get out of the shower. I hear his sniffles, and I notice how bloodshot his eyes are when he comes out. I notice the lack of attentiveness he has for any conversation, and I notice how pale he has begun to look. I even notice that he seems to hold me tighter in my sleep, almost afraid that I will leave him. He is hurting and he knows it. 

I apply concealer and relieve my bladder, taking this time to check my messages from Niall. I never reply to them but he knows that I read them. They are mostly messages telling me how sorry he is and how he never meant for our friendship to be ruined. I miss Niall, I do. I miss our laughs and deep talks, his humor and how he used to talk me to sleep at night because I was so lonely. I need to mend things with him, the timing though, is completely inappropriate. 

As for Marcel, I have no earthly idea what to do about him. He has kept touch with me here and there as well as the mother of his child but I don't want to help him anymore. Not because he doesn't deserve my help, but just because if the situation were flipped, I wouldn't want Harry going behind my back and helping Mickey. I need to be attentive to Harry's needs, he needs me more than anything right now, and I know that he's in denial and doesn't want to admit how punctured his heart is, but I will still help him through this.

I'm startled when a combination of knocks shake the door, I immediately open it and smile at Harry who offers me a limp one in return, along with deep frowning eyebrows. "You sure you weren't taking a shit in there?"  He grins, his frown disappears.

I whack his arm and push past him, rolling my eyes. "Shut up, Harry." I'm greeted by two plates on the dining table, one with a cheese omelette, and one with just a piece of toast with jam. Liam sits with Lux in the living room. Dora The Explorer nearly roars throughout the house and Lux nearly looks brainwashed as she stares at Dora and her monkey friend. 

"Stella," he pulls me back by the forearm, just enough to whisper in my ear. I'm almost taken off guard.  His voice lowers, "we need to talk." I turn my head to look at him and notice the worry clouded behind his eyes. It sends a shiver straight down my spine.