Chapter 96 *FINALE*

H a r r y 

   It takes every fiber of my being not to fall down on my knees and beg her to come back to me. She looks stunning. I find the ocean in her eyes and her skin screams at me to caress it's delicate surface. Her golden hair rests on her shoulders in loose waves and to my despair, I watch as she visibly tenses as I soak her in. She takes a small step back and grips the doorknob. I can tell by the small tremble in her lip that she's close to crying. She manages to hold herself together though, and when I glimpse over her shoulder I realize why. 

Candice forces a smile at me but I catch the resentment she holds for me in the glimpse of her eyes. Stella is oblivious to our exchange, or she pretends to be.  My soul feels refueled at the sight of her, so much so that my whore-for-a-cousin's presence does not phase me. I want to be alone with her. I want to pull her into a hug and press my mouth to the corner of her pink lips. I need her so much. I always yearn for what I don't deserve to have. I don't deserve to hear the light in her laughter. I don't deserve to listen to her ramble about The Vampire Diaries, or how hard her calculus class is. I don't deserve to fall asleep to her heart thumping silently in her ribs. I don't deserve her. I never did. 

Stella tries to scramble for words, opening the door a little more to let me in. I'm surprised that she is. I hesitantly step in and breathe her in. She only smells what I can identify Stella as. 

"Hey." We both say at the same time. I can't help but  watch her, how her lips curve into a sad but shy smile and how her cheeks flush the same color her ass does when I spank her. I avert my eyes away from her as guilt spreads through me. I broke her. She appears to be an angel but the glow that accompanied her fire had dimmed months ago.

"What are you doing here?" Candice asks. Her brows dip in confusion and I have the raging instinct to stuff socks in her mouth to shut her up. I notice that she stands barefoot in only a towel and I feel lunch rise up to the back of my throat. 

"I don't think that's any of your business, now is it?" I manage to say to the witch.

"Harry..." Stella coaxes. It's enough to calm me down. For now.

"Whatever. I'm heading out for errands anyhow, text me if you need anything sweetie. Okay?" She wraps a dainty hand around Stella's and squeezes. She glares at me before trudging up the stairs with her swollen feet. 

When Candice disappears up the staircase, I will myself to look at the girl I offhandedly had broken. She wants to say something I observe, but her mouth opens and closes indecisively. I clear my throat and pull my fingers through my curls. I haven't trimmed my hair in months. Silence floats between us for a few moments.

"I know I shouldn't have just shown up here," I begin. She watches my mouth carefully and it makes my heart skip in my ribs. "But I couldn't help myself. I've nearly lost my mind without you. I needed to see you." 

My confession seems to surprise her. To my horror, she only laughs. She covers her mouth with her small hand and excuses herself. I look away from her.  "I'm sorry, it's just that I don't believe you. I want to but I can't." Although she laughs, there is no humor in her voice. Her mouth lifts up into a smile and drops sadly. 

"I know you feel betrayed." 

She snorts. "You destroyed me."

"I didn't mean to."

"You're lying to me right now," She snaps. Her eyes well with tears and she grips her elbows as she holds herself, almost afraid to break in front of me. I'm afraid too. 

"Can we go to my place? Our place?" I hesitantly say.

"You were right the first time."Ouch. She wipes under her eyes harshly and turns around to advance the stairs.