Chapter 2- Bounded by works

S t e l l a

I wake up to the bright harsh sun peeling through my curtains and blinding my eyes with it's beaming rays. I groan turning over in the soft material to avoid anymore of the blinding sun that is sizzling my face. I want to drift back into my sleep, and finish the dream I was gladly enjoying, but I remember—I have school today.  I only have 1st, 3rd, and 5th period and  they all get extended in time.

  Block schedule.

A.K.A all the classes you have with Harry. Well, most of them.

If I didn't wake up, my father would come and wake me up, and he wasn't one to play with. He was always on time; tidy, precise, and sharp. Matter of fact,  he hated when I wasn't on time, or if I even woke up a minute late. Sometimes I wish he would just loosen up  and take it easy on himself but I would waste my breathe suggesting it to him.

I peel out of my plush duvet, and make the bed—my comfortable, oso comfortable California king sized bed to be exact, and finish  off by smoothing out a barely seen wrinkle on the pillow. 

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a perfectionist, but I can't blame myself, I get it from my mother, and my father.

I trudge to the bathroom, and complete my morning things. It doesn't even take me more than 13 minutes to get ready, I am simple girl and I do things in order, cutting down on lots of time and saving me some. After I am finished, I carefully braid my golden locks into a hair style,  put on my clothes, and apply a light coat of makeup, taking my time to make sure I lookpresentable. I don't know why I always do this, I just feel the need to because I am so insecure about myself; my looks rather, and what people think of me. I shouldn't though, because my mother has always taught me that what other people thought about me didn't and shouldn't matter, as long as I had confidence in myself, I would be just fine.

But that was a long time ago, when we actually used to talk. Before they got engulfed into the business world, and I was nothing but a shadow living amongst them. I was basically a stranger in their  home. A trophy rather, so when guests came over, they would proudly present me, just so they could look good. And I hate it. I hate feeling like I don't matter here, the one place where you feel like you should.

I make my way down the spiral staircase, taking two at a time, and making sure to watch my step; the spiral stair case is long and winding, I often tend to trip when I am not paying attention. I am a clumsy wreck.

My nose guides me toward the kitchen where bacon is sizzling on the stove, and where my father quietly stands, brewing a fresh cup of coffee.

"Morning dad." I greet queitly.

"Morning, kiddo." Those were the only words I heard. I was surprised that he even gave me a nickname, I was surprised that they still even remember my name at all.

"What's for breakfast?" I kiss my mum's cheek, and peer over her shoulder. She doesn't respond in any way as usual, she  just peels off the bacon with a spatula and slaps it on my plate handing it to me.

"Food. Eat up,"

I nod and eat my food in peace. The silence is so thick and deafening it almost makes me sick. It is like this every morning, but I so desperately wish that one day we would actually be able to brew up a conversation and talk together like a family should. Actually smile, and laugh. No one smiles around here, and if I do smile, it's because Niall is over and he makes me laugh.

That's why he's my best friend. He understands me. 

"Niall is picking me up," I adjust the strap of my bag over my shoulder and head towards the door. They do not reply, not even giving me the courtesy of a sideways glance.