Chapter 18- Decisions unmade

H a r r y

Stella looked so scared, and timid, and so vulnerable, it made me sick sitting here knowing I couldn't do anything about it. I wanted to hold her, and be there for her, I hated seeing her this way. Like she was when I came home, how she flung in my arms and cried into my shoulder...

I shouldn't have done that to her, she didn't deserve that, I knew how worried she was about me, yet I still chose to sulk and piss myself off.

Mr. Williams cleared his throat and handed my father a form.

"Sign here for Harry's release please"

I grinned.

Des gawked. "Excuse me what?"

"You have no proof that Harry has kidnapped his sister. In all honesty sir, how does one kidnap their own sibling? It's not even kidnapping," He shook his head. "I'm sorry Mr. Styles" He looked at me sheepishly and I nodded.

"This isn't fair," Des grumbled.

"Actually it is Des." Mr. Tomlinson spoke out this time. Des snapped his lips shut. "The police didn't read him his Miranda rights. He would have gotten off in the courts anyway,"

I smirked and shook my head. I knew they were missing something, I was waiting for them to read   my Miranda rights, but they didn't. They just cuffed me and shipped me off.

"That is true" William nodded. "The case wouldn't have gotten far, you are free to go Mr. Styles. I'll just drop this case, and we'll handle your business." He smiled at me and pulled out a set of keys to which he jingled and found the right one.

He stuffed the key in the hole and the cold blistering medal fell off of my hands.

I hissed and rubbed my wrists, trying to erase the bruises that were beginning to form.

I jolted up from my seat and shook Mr. Williams hand, then Mr. Tomlinsons. He was more of  father to me then my own "Father" The whole time he had been comforting me and trying to calm me down.

Stella pushed herself out of her seat and wrapped her arms around her small body as she inched towards me.

I walked towards her and wrapped my arms around her body afraid that if I let go she would disappear.

"I told you I wasn't going anywhere," I whispered into her hair.

She tugged me closer and rubbed her nose against mines. 

We both closed our eyes and sighed quietly.

"I'm sorry," I apologised once again. I felt like repeating myself over, and over, again until she truly knew how sorry I was.

She nodded into my shoulder and buried her face there. "It's okay Harry." She assured.

"No, I'm sorry, for everything." I shook my head. "For dragging you into this,"

She pushed a curl out of my face and smiled her sweet dimpled smile.

"I'm glad I got involved with you Harry" She kissed my cheek softly.

I nodded carefully and kissed her forehead.

Someone cleared their throat besides us.

Stella's father stood there with his arms clasped behind his back, and his jaw clenched.

"Stella" He nodded at Stella, but she seemed frozen. She unwound her arms from my neck, and awkwardly held her body again.

I instinctively wrapped a protective arm around her waist.