C20: The Bench

"This tree a mile or so away from here. There's a bench underneath it. He just sits and watches the birds and animals and stream until he cools off," Carlos explained. I smiled contently, thinking about how adorable he is. Logan, not Carlos.

"He goes there all the time, to think about things," he continued. "He went there before he asked you out a year ago."

"Really?"

"Yep. He knew he wanted to ask you, he just wasn't sure when and where. He's never been good at those things." Carlos took a sip of his drink.

"Have you followed him before?" I asked. I wanted to know about this place.

"To that place?" I nodded. "Yeah, I have. We all have."

"What's special about it?"

"I don't know. All I know is for a year and a half he's been going there."

"You've never asked?" I questioned, surprised.

"He doesn't know we followed him."

"Well let's go!" I exclaimed.

"No! It's his spot." Carlos said.

"Please take me there?" I begged. I stared at him with puppy dog eyes; he always fell for that.

"Okaaaaay," Carlos said, giving in.

We walked there because Carlos didn't take his car to Logan's house. It was about a 20 minute walk.

"Okay, now be quiet so he doesn't hear you," Carlos whispered.

I looked to where Carlos pointed and saw Logan sitting on a bench looking down at a book, writing something.

"He looks so peaceful," I whispered.

"Probably why he comes here," Carlos whispered back.

Logan must have heard us talking, because he turned around. We quickly ducked and hid behind a tree.

"Who's there?" He asked. Neither of us said anything. He started walking towards Carlos and I, and we hid as well as we could...

"Emily?"

...and obviously it wasn't good enough.

"Emily, what are you doing here?" Logan asked.

"...I...I wanted to know where you were going and so I followed you. ...I....I'm sorry," I said.

Logan just smiled.

"Why does this all seem so familiar?" I looked around. Carlos had disappeared, probably wanting to give both of us some alone time together.

"Come here," he motioned and took my hand, leading me to the bench. "Right here...that's where we first met. I was sitting here that day, and you sat next to me and asked me what I was drawing. I told you 'nothing', but actually I was drawing you. And not very well, I might add. I saw you walking along the trail, and you'd stop every once in a while to take a picture. Guess you loved photography then, too," Logan paused and looked towards the trees. "And I remember, you'd smile when you took a good picture. And...your smile was--IS gorgeous. You were wearing this pretty flowery, pink dress and a denim jacket and brown boots. And your hair was wavy." He smiled and played with my hair. "And you had your camera so you looked all professional. And I remember instantly falling in love with you. I never really believed in love at first sight or any of that. But then I saw you," Logan smiled at me, and I felt a tear run down my cheek. "I also remember thinking you were way out of my league, and I had no chance with you. I've never been much of an artist, but I like to try new things. So, when I saw you, I drew you as best I could, figuring that I might as well draw something I was interested in. And then you came up to me and sat down...and I remember being really nervous. And I'm never nervous around girls. But you.... There was just something about you. And we talked for hours about the weirdest things. You told me about all of your best friends and their crazy adventures. And you didn't freak out when I told you that I was in Big Time Rush and on TV. And that day, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do." Logan smiled at me and I smiled back, tears still running down my face. "Oh come here," he said and kissed me softly. He held me in his arms for a long time.

"Please don't kill my baby," I whispered.

"I could never do that," he said. "I was just mad."

I half-smiled.

"I'm sorry I put you through all this," I apologized. "You don't deserve it at all."

"It isn't your fault you're so desirable," he said and kissed me once more. "It's Kendall's fault he's such an asshole."

I didn't say anything more; I just hugged him tighter.

"You know what we never did?" Logan asked, staring at the stream.

"What didn't we do?" I asked.

"Celebrate!" He yelled.

I grinned. Logan picked me up and twirled me around.

"You're gonna be a mom!" He exclaimed.

I took a deep breath. "Am I ready to be a mom?"

"Yes. You'll be the greatest mother in the whole damn world," he said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "That baby will be surrounded by so much love. With the boys and our families....and Rushers! They'll be excited."

"Or mad at me," I said bluntly. Logan looked at me with a confused look. "Because the first thing they'll think is 'Ohmigawsh Logan and Emily had sex!'"

"Oh. True," he said. "But they'll still be happy."

"I sure hope so," I whispered.

"I KNOW so." He kissed my forehead and I slowly drifted asleep in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My fave chapter <3

I loooove feedback.

2 parts left! And then a sequel.

TELL ME WHAT YA'LL WANT TO SEE IN THE SEQUEL. Please?

Thanks for 4,000 reads!

<Emilee

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW :D