C16: One Year(:

Logan took me out on our date, and we both ordered the same thing we had exactly one year ago. We laughed and smiled and ate and kissed every so often.

But then Logan clinked his fork against his glass. "EXCUSE ME," he said loudly and waited for the crowd to settle down.

"Hi. I'm Logan. And I would like to make an announcement," Logan announced as he got down on one knee. I gasped. "Emily, we've been dating for a year now. And I love you so much. So SO much. And we've had a lot of good times, and some bad, but that's what happens to every good couple, right? And I know we've been here before...but...will you marry me?"

A tear ran down my cheek. "Of course I will!"

Everyone in the restaurant cheered. Logan put the ring on my finger. It wasn't the same one he used before, it was different. I liked this one a lot more. It was so...me?

All the people went back to their dinners.

"The ring is beautiful," I said.

"I thought you'd like it." He smiled. "Sorry about the sucky proposal. I wanna gonna sing something to you, but I kinda lost my voice. It's been all crackly lately. I'm sorry."

"You'll have to sing it for me sometime."

There wasn't much to say because everything was said 5 months ago, the first time he proposed. We spent the rest of the date talking and eating, as if we were old friends, not getting married.

"Can we not tell the guys about this just yet?" Logan asked when we finished our desserts.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"I just....wanna tell them myself. Please?"

"Yeah Logan, sure."

Logan paid the bill and we drove home, blasting the radio and singing at the top of our lungs to every song. When we got home, Logan opened the door for me, and carried me bridal style to his room. The guys had left by now, so we thankfully had the house to ourselves. Logan brought us each a glass of wine (which is okay because I turned 21 a month ago).

"Tonight was so much fun, Logan," I said after taking a sip of my drink.

"I'm glad you liked everything, but we aren't done yet. There's still..." Logan checked the clock. "...2 hours and 23 minutes left in the day." He smiled.

"There's a lot we can do in that time," I said.

Logan hopped off the bed.

"Care to dance, milady?" He asked.

I hopped off the bed and Logan put his arms around my waist and I put arms arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.

"We don't have any music," I whispered into his ear.

Logan began singing 'Worldwide' and 'Invisible' and 'No Idea': all of my favorite songs. We swayed back and forth, listening to Logan's beautiful voice. Every so often he'd kiss my forehead. By the end, I had tears in my eyes. Something about those songs just made me want to cry.

"Don't cry, baby," Logan said, wiping away my tears.

"They're happy tears," I said, smiling.

Logan kissed me and then went to lay on the bed. He patted the spot the next to him, and I sat down. I put my arms around him, put my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeats.

"Your heart's beating," I said softly. It was the only noise I heard, his heart beat. No talking, TV, music, just him.

"Well that's good. Means I'm alive," he said.

"I'm glad you're alive."

"Me too," he said.

Neither of us said anything for a while. Logan rubbed my back, and I counted all the heart beats.

"Logan?" i asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled and kissed me again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Officially engaged now. ;) ahaha

Love you all!

Thanks for 2,100+ reads. Excited.

<3Emilee