19 | here lies the body

19 | HERE LIES THE BODY

Word was sent out to the commanders and preparation had begun for the mission to kill Rey

Word was sent out to the commanders and preparation had begun for the mission to kill Rey. Every scout they had in the universe was keeping an eye out for her. Soon, more issues occurred as a spy within their own ranks had given out info of the First Order's plans and whereabouts. Kylo threatened the commanders a little bit, shaking them up if they were to be a spy. His reconstructed helmet added to the intimidation levels as the cracks all around it resembled scars and perseverance.

Word was sent out by their scouts that the scavenger was on Pasaana. The troopers arrived before Kylo and Yara, and they managed to imprison one of her comrades--a wookie. The desert planet was not the environment Yara would want to be in, but there they were. Yara sat beside Kylo in his ship as he sped toward the girl in the middle of the desert plains. She stood firmly from afar with her light saber out. Yara narrowed her eyes to see what the girl would do, she prepared herself for a crash, as she foresaw it coming with how Kylo was just trying to run the girl over to death.

Once they neared, the girl jumped up and used her saber to cut one of the fins off the ship, forcing the ship into a crash landing. Fortunately, the ship only slid to a stop, and there were no explosions along with it. Kylo and Yara quickly hopped out of the ship and watched as the girl began to use her force to keep one of the First Order transport ships from taking off. Kylo opposed her action by using his own power to pull the ship toward him. Eventually, the ship tore in half and exploded to pieces. The scavenger let out a shriek.

Kylo and Yara stood solemnly in the desert, watching the girl as she hurried away. "Kill her, Kylo." Yara muttered.

Kylo just stood there and watched as the girl ran away. "Kill her!" She screamed at him, but he only watched sadly as she escaped. The girl did something to him. Something unexplainable. He had a strange connection to her.

Yara grabbed him by his collar. "Next time you let her go, I'll kill her myself." She hissed through gritted teeth.

* * *

The hunt continued onto Kijimi, where, once again the girl escaped. This time, not by Kylo's allowance. It was a spy--a traitor pretending to be with the First Order, this time. Fortunately, they quickly tracked her on a moon in the Endor system and this time, Yara knew she'd be close by to end the scavenger quickly and efficiently if Kylo didn't do it. Though, she'd prefer him to do it so he'd get over this weakness he had over her. She was looking for another Wayfinder, to get to Exegol and destroy Palpatine.

When Kylo and Yara arrived on the moon, the first thing she noticed with the enormouse crash site of a curiou structure. It radiated dark energy, and it drew her in. It was spherical in shape, though it was difficult to decipher as it was now scattered in pieces. Although ancient, it was monstrous in size. She could see how the structure could have been quite intimidating in the decades before her time.

The moon's environment was made up of grassy plains, and a violent raging sea. It was a unique sight to see, that was for sure. The gentle plains contrasted vastly against the angry waves that pounded against the rocky coasts, where the abandoned stucture was discarded at.

Both Kylo and Yara sensed the scavenger's presence inside of the destruction site, thus proceeded inside. The vast space within echoed every wind that blew through its cracks, any step made would make a sound for what sounded like miles.

Quickly, they reached the girl. She seemed frightened about something as she stumbled back and dropped the Wayfinder. The little map bounced on the ground up to Yara's feet. Yara placed the sole of her foot on it to stop it from rolling further away, then, carefully, reached down and gripped it--her gloves crackling as she held the wayfinder.

Rey shot her head around to see the intimidating figures of Yara and Kylo standing before her. Yara was standing tall and stiff, her eyes darkened and intimidating as she looked down upon the girl. The girl rose to her feet and unsheated her blue lightsaber. The three stood there staring at one another, waiting for their enemy to make a move as Rey's lightsaber purred by her side.

"Look at yourself, you wanted to prove to my mother that you were a Jedi. But, you've proven something else. You can't go back to her now. Like I can't." Kylo shook his head at her.

"Give it to me." She spoke sharply to him, her face covered in a thin layer of nervous sweat. Rey'a eyes constantly darted between Yara and Kylo, wondering who would attack her first.

"The dark side is in our nature." Kylo was trying to sway her to join them, still. Yara realized this and slowly turned her head to face Kylo. Her eyes were nearly demonic as she stared at his profile. He didn't dare meet her gaze.

Yara's hand moved to hover over her saber, ready to kill the girl as soon as possible, since all Kylo was doing was allowing her to slip through their fingers. "Give it... to me." Rey growled once more at the two.

Yara's nostrils flared and she smirked at the girl right before squeezing the device until it shattered into a million pieces. The girl shrieked and charged at the two. Yara pulled out her saber and swung it at the girl. Rey was far more skilled in the fight, but Yara was stronger. They blades crossed, hissing at they made contact with one another. The women eyed each other before taking another swing, this time, Yara managing to pierce her forearm a bit.

Kylo joined the fight, but Rey held her own against him. It was Yara she was worried about. The fight moved outside onto the a bridge, sandwiched by the raging sea.

Their blades continued to cross and Rey managed to lodge her saber into Yara's thigh, causing her to yelp in pain. Yara gritted her teeth and rose to her feet once again, this time more pissed than ever. "Kill her, Ren!" She yelled at him, but he only seemed to be making defensive moves against her blows.

"Now!" She hissed.

Kylo listened, he turned to the offensive and managed to get the girl to fall on her back. He drew his arm up, ready to slam his lightsaber down onto her throat. But.. then he paused. He had sensed his mother dying. His saber retracted itself and he dropped it to the ground.

Yara screamed in anger, adrenaline rushed through her body as she began charging at the two. Her saber was drawn and her feet pounded against the ground as she neared the two.

Once she was close enough, she swung her arm and shoved her saber through their back...

Through his back. She was blinded with rage that he didn't kill her once again, that she had stabbed him. The one she thought she loved. Kylo dropped to his knees. Rey fled while she could. Yara lowered herself so that she could look at him in the eye, her line of sight falling down her nose to look more intimidating. "You are weak, Ben Solo." She hissed into her ears, before turning around to leave him to die in slow agony.

He was not the Kylo Ren she fell in love with, he had killed him, just as she had killed the Yara she once was. He was weak, and a traitor to the First Order. He needed to be eliminated, and now she could reign.