7 | blue

7 | BLUE

The trainings between Yara and Kylo ensued

The trainings between Yara and Kylo ensued. With those trainings, Kylo's words of hatred toward the Reistance began to rub off of her. She slowly began to accept that the Resistance was her enemy. And as she was busied with exciting training, she had completely forgotten about her family back on Varis. Of course, they were looking for her. They had even made an alliance with the Resistance once they discovered the First Order had taken her captive, breaking its proclamation of neutrality for the first time ever for the princess.

Though her progress was slow in her trainings, it certainly was progress. She could sense Kylo's moves before he attacked her, she learned how to be agile whilst fighting and, most importantly, she finally learned how to move a chair using the force. Once she learned how to move objects, her new favorite thing was to fling objects in defense. "You can't keep throwing chairs. If you're out there, there won't be any chairs to throw." Kylo huffed.

"Maybe if you let me have a lightsaber, I wouldn't have to throw chairs." Yara tsked at him.

"You can't just have a lightsaber. You have to craft it yourself." Kylo told.

"What? Is there some kind of do it yourself tutorial book in the library? Or do I have to use my force tingle to figure out how to make it?" Yara chuckled.

"Never call it a tingle, ever again." Kylo cringed from behind his mask.

"We've been training for weeks, now. Can't I know anything about what's going on with the resistance? Are you any closer to finding Luke Skywalker or has the resistance beat you to it?" Yara inquired. She was tired of doing the same routine during training. Try to read Kylo's mind, then a storm trooper's mind, then practice fighting Kylo while he had an unfair advantage of owning a lightsaber.

"You have no crucial position in the war against the resistance." Kylo brushed off her wants.

"Then why am I here?" Yara groaned.

"Because Supreme Leader Snoke has requested-" Kylo began to repeat his usual statement. He said the same thing every time Yara asked why she was there, which was very often.

"Yeah, yeah. Then how come I haven't met with this Snoke guy, yet? I don't get a lightsaber. I don't get to know what's going on with the resistance. I don't get to see Snoke. I'm not useful, in your opinion. So why waste both of our time?" Yara made several good points.

"He hasn't asked to see you, yet. You can't just schedule an appointment with him. He sees you when he wants to." Kylo was firm, and short with Yara. But she pressed for more answers out of him.

"You didn't answer all of my inquiries..." she mentioned.

Kylo sighed, she surely did know how to exhaust someone by pestering them with so many queries. "You don't get to know what's going on with the resistance because you'd likely sympathize with them, Princess. Your first contact, on your quest to find Luke Skywalker, was the leader of the resistance. And you," Kylo had to gather the courage to admit this, "are useful. You are one of the last few beings in this universe that is one with the Force. I was willing to let you go when I thought you had no such ability. But, now, I can't let you go. You are an asset. And even if I did tire of you and wanted you gone, you'd become the resistance's asset. And I can't let that happen."

"And... about my lightsaber?" Yara totally tuned out everything he said, she was really only hoping to hear about when she was getting that lightsaber.

Kylo took off his mask to shoot her an annoyed look, hoping she'd catch the message that she was very irritating. "I'll get the supplies and we'll get on it tonight."

* * *

Just as Kylo promised, Yara was shown how to assemble her own lightsaber. She quickly got to work. She was eager to put it together so that she could learn how to use it. Her design was quite simple, a singular line. It wasn't at all like Kylo's with additional spokes on the sides for extra flare. She picked the color blue, as it was most appealing to her when she imagine the glowing weapon balancing in her hand. "Blue?" Kylo narrowed his eyes down at her, recognizing the color choice as his grandfather's original lightsaber color.

Yara shrugged. "I like it." She simply said. Kylo brushed his thoughts away, knowing her choice was merely coincidental.

"It's a droid." Kylo announced to her.

Yara was confused. She knew nothing of what he spoke of. She furrowed her brows up at him as she continued to assemble her weapon. "The resistance pilot we captured, and escaped with one of our own, hid the missing piece of a map -that discloses where Luke Skywalker is hiding- in a BB-8 unit. A little droid. It was on Jakku, now it's not." Kylo mumbled to her, almost embarrassed.

"And now... you're pissed." Yara tried to sense his emotions about the situation.

Kylo slowly nodded at her, weary of how she'd think about him. Kylo recalled his little tantrum he had earlier before one of the commanders that delivered the news to him. Fortunately, Yara wasn't even thinking about him. She was simply excited he was liberating her by filling her in on the resistance news. Kylo supposed she had been isolated enough on the Starkiller and could be trusted with that basic amount of information. "So what are we going to do about it?" Yara asked him.

"We?"

"You need my help." Yara smiled.

"No."
"Yes."
"No."

"Yes! Why else would you be telling me all this stuff? And you yourself said I'm not useless." Yara clapped her hands together.

"Because-" Kylo had no excuse as to why he felt comfortable enough to tell her. He supposed it was because he could trust that she wouldn't be going anywhere any time soon, so she couldn't run off to run her mouth.

"That's what I thought." Yara pursed her lips, cockily and pointed her finger at him.

Kylo rolled his eyes. "Fine, you can help give me ideas. The BB-8 unit escaped on a ship with two fugitives. One being an unknown girl. The idiotic stormtroopers couldn't stop them before they fled Jakku." He informed, in greater detail.

"Well... I can't do much with that." Yara defeatedly admitted. But, just as she thought there wasn't enough information for her to proposition ideas, General Hux entered the room with a nervous and sweaty face.

"Sir, we've gotten word that the fugitives and the droid have escaped with Han Solo on the Millennium Falcon." Hux seemed to be out of breath, as if he had ran to the training room to be the first to deliver the news to Kylo.

Yara's jaw dropped. "Han Solo? The smuggler? On the Millennium Falcon?!" Yara was fangirling. Han Solo, though not related to her nor an acquaintance, was another major figure in the vast array of stories she heard from her mother. He helped Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia through many adventures.

Kylo noticed Yara's excitement of the news. It bothered him how indulged she was with people affiliated with the Resistance. Kylo waved Hux off to leave him and Yara be. "I thought you'd be more appreciative of the First Order after all this time. You still seem like the resistance's biggest fan girl." Kylo scoffed, then swiftly exited the room. Yara was left speechless. Instantly after he left her to soak in his words, she instantly felt bad for her constant praise of the other side. They were his enemy, after all. And she had been inconsiderate.