18 | last time

18 | LAST TIME

Promises of a new Empire were made, and Yara knew immediately that she didn't regret pulling her saber on the man

Promises of a new Empire were made, and Yara knew immediately that she didn't regret pulling her saber on the man. He could give them more than they could every curate themselves. Hell, he'd managed to live through at least six generations by then, he could nearly do anything. "And give Yara her power, her true power."

"How?" Kylo growled.

"Like this." He pointed at her.

Yara felt a surge of energy course through her up to her fingertips. "Do it, Yara," Palpatine hissed as she struggled against the surge.

She grunted and tried to hold back the explosiong wanting to come out of her. She new the task Palpatine wanted her to do as he was whispering it in her mind awaken the dark side. Knowing she couldn't hold the power any longer, she let out a gutteral scream and held out her arms. She dropped to her knees as she felt the release of pressure from inside her. The ground below her trembled as thousands of star detroyers rose from the sea right outside of the compound they were in. She had risen destroyed ships along with once dead crewmates inside to increase the navy of the First Order, all from her fingertips. "The might of the Final Order will soon be ready." Palpatine announced.

Yara gasped for air and dropped her hands to the ground. Kylo rushed to her side and grabbed her face to make sure she was okay. "What did you do to her?!"

"It will be yours if you do as I ask." Palpatine told Kylo and Yara.

"Kill the girl! End the Jedi, and become what your grandfather Vader could not. You two will rule all the galaxy as the new emporers. But, beware, she is not who you think she is." Palpatine gave them the order.

Yara was absorbing the new access to power she had recieved, it was raw. It was real. And it was a lot. She had already let go of her old life internally, but now, she felt she had truly shed her old skin and become a new person. And now it was more evident to Kylo than ever. She had metamorphasized into a new, darker woman. And it scared him, how she could use so much power, and how blindly she was now following the darkside. Palpatine's mentions of Rey peaked his curiousity, "who is she?" He asked as Yara rose to her feet with a new hunger in her eyes.

"The opposite of her." He pointed to Yara, a descendant of light turned dark.

* * *

Yara stood in her quarters as she looked at herself in the mirror. She had been fitted in new clothing, something more appropriate for her demeanor. A long, fitted, black dress topped with a cloak that covered her face just perfectly, just enough to allow her caramel eyes to twinkle through the shadows the hood caused.

Kylo entered the room and waved away all of the servants in the room to be alone with her. The handmaidens scurried away as quick as they could so that Kylo could approached Yara. He walked up behind her, and she watched his every move in the mirror. His eyes were glued on the locks of curls that fell out of her cloaked head. It was the first thing he had noticed of her when he had first met her, her hair. And it was, apart from her eyes, the thing he loved most about her. Now that all was left of the Yara he knew was her looks. Before then, it was her innocence and her laughter. He hadn't heard her laughed in what felt like centuries. Hell, he hadn't even seen a true smile from her since they used to train together. She was always brooding now, or having a devilish smirk playing on her lips. He missed her.

"Have you told the commanders about our new plans?" Yara asked him as she looked at him through the mirror.

He wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and leaned his head on hers as he looked back at her in the mirror. "That's what I came here for, to have you come with me." He sighed, taking in her sweet aroma.

She pulled her hood down and turned around to allow him to embrace her. She still enjoyed his company, he was just.. different now.  It was diffucult to explain. She still wanted to touch and kiss him, but, he was not her priority anymore. The moment he got in the way of something she wanted more, she would have no hesistation to throw him aside. He was no longer the love of her life, perhaps he never was. Nonetheless, he continued to give her the same affections as he did when their lips touched for the first time.  "I miss you." He admitted.

"I'm right here." She looked up at him.

He sighed, not wanting to offend her, so he remained silent. "I know."

She realized he could sense that her desires for power had overcome her. That she had changed.  Though, she didn't feel guilty for it. The old Yara was dead inside of her, and that Yara would've felt guilty. But not now. Yara looked up at him a shot him a smile, standing on her tippy toes to indicate she wanted a kiss. He leaned down a passionately kissed her, like it would be the last time.