9 | varis

9 | VARIS

Later on that night, Yara was in her room sulking about

Later on that night, Yara was in her room sulking about. She was trying to come up with a plan to get into contact with her mother or brother, but none of her ideas seemed to be solid enough to act upon. She knew they were in trouble, she could almost sense it. She knew if only she could tell them that she was safe, they'd flee from danger and take back their declaration of war. Varis had always been a neutral planet, and Yara couldn't help but to feel like she was the direct reason that their peace was disturbed. Of course she knew she couldn't completely blame herself, but, now that she somewhat had Kylo's trust, she knew she could've given them a call somehow.

Suddenly, a knock came from her door. She hurried over and opened the door to reveal Kylo. He was standing tall and intimidating, as usual, in his dark cloak and mask. "Snoke has requested a meeting with you, General Hux and myself." Kylo announced.

Yara's heart dropped to her stomach. He was the one that told Kylo, so many months ago, to be patient and train her. If it weren't for him, Kylo would've killed her. Kylo would've never gotten to know her. "What does he want with me?" Yara bit the inside of her cheek, anxiously awaiting Kylo's answer.

"I don't know." Was all Kylo said, then he gestured for him to follow him out of her room. Yara hesitated to follow him. She wasn't well dressed, for she was already dressed to go to sleep. "Come as you are." Kylo told once he read her face. Yara nodded and hurried along, walking beside him.

The two walked silently down the halls of the Starkiller. "I'm sorry, about Varis, Yara. I never wanted it to be this way." He admitted to her.

"Yeah, me neither." Yara mumbled over to him.

* * *

Snoke sat intimidatingly on an enormous chair before the three. Yara was extremely nervous as to what his plans were for her. Kylo could sense her fearfulness. She was shaky and the pace of her breathing was irregular. Her fingers fumbled over one another as she stood, staring wide eyed at Snoke. "The droid will soon be delivered to the Resistance. Leading them to the last jedi. If Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise." Snoke growled down at them from his throne.

Yara realized she was only there on the Starkiller because it was safer for Snoke to keep her than to risk setting her free and she become a Jedi and an asset to the resistance. "Supreme Leader, I take full responsibility-" Hux began to suck up, but Snoke wasn't having it.

"General!" Snoke shouted at him, rising from his chair. Yara jumped up from hearing his sudden yell. "Our strategy must now change."

"The weapon, it is ready. I believe the time has come to use it. We shall destroy the government that supports the resistance, the Republic. And it's new member, the planet Varis. Without their friends to protect them, the resistance will be vulnerable. And we will stop them before they reach Skywalker." General Hux informed his superior about the Starkiller. Yara's heart dropped to her stomach. She felt like she was going to pass out right then and there. They were going to use the Starkiller on her home? On her people? She remained silent, afraid to say anything that could possibly get her killed right then and there.

"Go. Oversee preparations." Supreme Leader Snoke waved off Hux. General Hux shot a smug look over to Yara, knowing how much it'd hurt her to see her planet destroyed. Hux scurried out of the room, leaving Snoke to speak to Kylo and Yara.

"There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?" Snoke pointed at Kylo.

"Yes." Kylo replied to him.

"There's something more. The droid we seek is aboard the Millennium Falcon. In the hands of your father, Han Solo." Snoke exposed Kylo right in front of Yara.

Yara turned to look at Kylo. She couldn't believe Han Solo, the Han Solo was his father. All that time she spent with Kylo and she felt like she knew nothing about him. "He means nothing to me. Even you, master of the Knights of Ren, have never faced such a test." Snoke sighed, doubtful of Kylo's allegiance to him.

"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced." Kylo assured him.

"We shall see. And as for the girl," Snoke turned to look at Yara, "she's ready."

Kylo shook his head at Snoke. "She's barely had any training." Kylo argued.

Yara was completely confused as to what she was supposedly ready for. She wasn't quite thinking about what Snoke had to say to her anyway, thoughts of how she was going to stop them from blowing up Varis were swirling in her mind. "Her heart will be decided soon," Snoke turned to speak directly at Yara, "and you will be on our side. Your past will be snipped from you, freeing you. And you will reach your fullest potential."

Before Yara could even try to respond to him, the projection of Snoke on the throne disappeared. Yara looked around, quite discombobulated. She had thought that was the man himself, in the flesh. Not some projection of him. She felt played and felt like a fool.

Yara turned to Kylo and placed her hand on his arm. "Kylo you have to help me stop them from destroying Varis, please." Yara whispered to him in a frantic tone. Yara couldn't read Kylo's face since it was hidden behind his mask. He simply walked away from her, expressionless and without a word, leaving her by herself.