T̶W̶O̶

✞ ✞ |Something in the way| ✞ ✞

           ✞ France peaked into my office.
"Nolan, didn't you hear your phone ring? You have a phone call"
      ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍ ╍
         ✞ He tapped my door frame and left the entrance of my office. I look towards my phone and picked it up. Was my phone ringing?... I never been this distracted before where my brain drained out any neccessary noise. I bring the phone to my ear, holding it up using my shoulder.
      ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍ ╍
          ✞ There was a slight static noise, as if the call was having a hard time getting any signal.
"Approve my paper, or there'll be precautions to be taken into action"
          ✞ It appeared to be a younger sounding female, her tone sounded flat and shallow. In the background I could hear chanting. As the phone call was already weird enough, I dropped my pen and clenched the phone nervously with my hand.
      ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍ ╍
"E-Excuse me, but may I ask who this is?"
"You don't need to know that, Nolan. Now approve my papers or else"

                       – | c l i c k | –

    . . . Beep — beep — beep — beep . . .

          ✞ Did she just hang up on me? I put the phone back and grabbed the document from my pocket. It was just a gut feeling... but maybe for sure she was talking about this paper. My hands tremble as I shove the paper back into pocket, out of my sight.
      ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍ ╍
          ✞ All I wanted was a good paying career with a college degree. I've only been here for five months and already I'm being threatened. The end of my shift was nearing and I began to pack my things. As I was leaving the studio, i was stopped by France.
"Ended up having to bring work to home, huh"
"Yeah I had to many papers, I knew I end up working at home as well"
"Don't worry bro, me too" France held up an even bigger pile than mine.
"Yikes, good luck man" I flash him a friendly, nervous smile.
      ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍  ╍ ╍