The Rescue: Part Two

Start from the beginning

Not that I wanted to meet him, it was quite the opposite actually. Honestly why would I want to meet that guy when my mom, the person that gave me all her love told me she hated that same guy from the bottom of her soul? Plus it's not like I even needed him, Edgeshot was there for me, and was and still is the most incredible father I could have wished for and I'm eternally grateful to him for adopting me and raising me as his own child.

Besides I started to develop hatred towards the guy for abandoning my mother even without knowing him, that's to say.

It's just… When you're a four years old kid and you see all of your classmates being picked up by their parents while the only person who takes care of you is someone you've barely known for a few weeks, it... It just doesn't feel right. Especially when you're aware that somewhere, in the vastness of the world, there's someone you should be calling dad but he literally doesn't care about you.

These five words I wished to hear when I was younger suddenly came out calmly, and naturally from the mouth of a villain. Thinking about it I honestly would have preferred never to hear them than hear them now. Right now it's like if the earth just stops spinning. I just feel like I'm in the middle of a storm that will never stop. Five words, that's all it needed to reduce everything I believed in to nothing in a matter of seconds.

I fell backwards in shock. I can't think, I can't breathe, I can't move. All I can do is repeating his words in my head and eventually hear his chuckles echoing through the room. 'Is that villain speaking the truth or is he just playing with me? Of course he has to be mocking me, if not what else?'

I try my best to swallow all these intrusive thoughts and speak up, but nothing but an unpleasant burning sensation in the back of my throat comes out. Also this horrible feeling spreads in my chest as I stay speechless in front of that villain which tends to amuse him.

"Hm? What's wrong? I have to say that's not the reaction I was expecting. I expected something more… how could I say… dramatic? Yes, I guess  that's the word that best suits." All For One states with a chuckle that I definitely start to get rid off.

"T-This isn't true. Y-You'r-re a fucking liar." I say, but with a stuttering and trembling voice.

"Oh come on Y/n... I told you I wouldn't lie. Why don't you trust me?" He says sounding amused. For my part I make no attempt to listen to him and what he says as he keeps talking. Ignoring the aching pain in my heart or in my stomach I raise my head towards him and shoot a shadow energy beam that he takes fully.

"Just shut up already! I can't take anything more coming from you!" I shout releasing all the anger and frustration I accumulated for a while. I raise my second hand and shoot another shadow beam. The two combine in a single bigger one as All For One still takes the full hit of the attack. At least that's what I think until I see him standing right in front of me. He didn't move from a mere inch and has his two arms stretched forward.

'Did he… Did he just block that with his bare hands!? What am I thinking about… of course he did.'

I grit my teeth and clench my fists as shadow energy spreads from them. All For One just sighs shaking his head disapprovingly. Black and red lightning start emanating from his still raised and stretched frontward left arm. I shape the dark matter into a barrier just for him to release an air shockwave which breaks straight through my line of defense and blows me away.

I lean on my elbows, both resting against the ground and cough up blood from my lungs.  The crimson liquid drops from my chin to the ground as I run a hand to my mouth to wipe the leftover blood. That attack of him must have done serious damage inside. But it's the smallest of my concern for now.