Chapter 91 - Bonds Inseverable

"This is quite possibly the most foolish thing you've done so far."

"Yup."

Gahi adjusted his neck, ignoring the Snivy that had her vines wrapped around him, futilely slamming her tiny fists against his back.

"Y'know," Gahi said, "seems kinda dumb that you'd wanna come along fer this."

"I'm starting to suspect I'm the sole reason you're still alive," Trina spat back, grunting when she pulled herself to Gahi's shoulder.

Several confused Pokémon stared at Gahi, one of them remarking that he had just come in a few hours ago. Gahi ignored them, went past the front desk, and then ignored even harder the Jynx shouting for him to get back.

"Hey, what're you doing?" Hakk said, carrying a trembling Cyndaquil in his arms.

He tossed the newly scouted Pokémon over to Xypher by his side, who caught him skillfully in an open bag, and then tried to grab Gahi. Instead, he grabbed thin air, and then Trina went in freefall. With an undignified squeak, she landed on top of Hakk's outstretched paw.

"Eh?" Hakk dropped her.

"Ow—you could have at least set me down," Trina grunted, searching. "Gahi!"

The Flygon had teleported behind Hakk. "Look, it ain't anything personal," Gahi said. "I gotta go."

"How'd you—" Hakk spun around.

"Gahi, you aren't leaving without me," Trina said.

"Oh no you don't," Hakk said, stomping a foot on Trina's tail. "You guys are both supposed to be in evaluations, so if you know what's good for you—where'd you go?"

Mid-sentence, Gahi had disappeared again, and so had Trina.

<><><>

"Are you going to at least explain why you're suddenly teleporting more than an Abra having a nightmare?" Trina asked.

Gahi suddenly wondered what Nevren was like as an Abra, weaving around the trees and then, finally, above them. His wings were black and twinkled like the night sky they could no longer see.

"Gahi!"

"Eh? Oh. Psychic Orb."

Trina squinted incredulously and pursed her lips to emphasize her disbelief. "When did you acquire the Psychic Orb?"

"Star tore it off Rim. I stole it."

"You—she—what?! Why didn't you tell me this before?"

Gahi shrugged. "Thought I lost the power. Guess it reawakened."

Trina looked at her vines and concentrated. After a while, she sighed and said, "Well, I can't."

"Seems like Owen can't, either. Maybe that's just how it is if yer not evolved."

"I still don't know how that happened..." Trina shivered suddenly, the headwind intensifying.

"Cold?" Gahi asked.

"The lack of sun is getting to me. I was actually enjoying my time in my room, you know. They had artificial sunlight. It was wonderful. And then you Teleport into my room, pluck me out—why did you do that?!"

"I dunno. Seemed like a good idea." Gahi rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his claw under his nose. "Guess we traveled a lot. Figured we'd do it again."

"Travel where, Gahi?" Trina motioned angrily behind her. "We've gone so far away from Null Village!"

"Demitri 'n Mispy."