Sometime Soon?

It had been 3 days since I've seen or heard from Derek. I had texted him, but no answer was received. Maybe I was annoying him with my good morning texts. It was just a simple "good morning" or "have a good day"; which I didn't think would come off as annoying.

I was currently laying down on my stomach, my laptop in front of me as I tried to find a better job. I had quit my last job, I was working as a waitress, but after I was sexually assaulted and the restaurant did nothing, I quit.

I didn't go through the trouble of filing a report, cause I was sure I'd never see him again. I had sent in an application to a different restaurant about 2 days ago, and they had said they'd get back to me soon. I wasn't the wealthiest person, if I was putting it lightly. But being honest, I'm struggling to keep this shitty apartment.

My phone started to ring, and I silently prayed it was Derek. It wasn't. I sighed, answering the phone. "Hey, this is Jenny." The lady said in a rush. I remembered her name as the manager I handed my application to. "Hello Jenny," I said in reply. "I know I haven't gotten back to you yet and I'm really sorry about that, but one of our guys just quit, and I was hoping you'd be able to work tonight? This could be like your interview just to see how you work. I'm sorry it's such short notice, but a party of 7 just walked in and-"

"I'll come in. Don't worry." "Oh, thank you so much. I can't begin to express how grateful I am." She let out a sigh of relief as I let out a small giggle.

"I'm on my way." She thanked me again before hanging up. I quickly got my shoes on, before getting my small purse with my phone and wallet. I drove the short 10 minutes to the restaurant. When I walked in, Jenny handed me a uniform. I went to the restroom to change quickly, coming back out. "Alright, all you have to do tonight, is take care of table 12. It's the party of 7." Jenny said, handing me a notebook and pen. I nodded with a smile, walking over to the table.

But I soon stopped dead in my tracks when I see who's at the table. Derek. Around him we're 2 blond girls, a brunette girl, 3 other guys, one had a monotone emotion, no smile. One was in a sweater vest, and the last one was the oldest, and most definitely looked Italian.

Derek's smile was present and my heart swelled at the sight. He did a double take when he saw me, and I reluctantly walked towards the table. "Hi, I'm Victoria. I'll be your waitress this evening, can I start you off with something to drink?" I avoided eye contact with Derek, feeling embarrassed about where I'm working.

I had taken everyone's drink order and lastly was Derek. "And for you Sir?" I still didn't make eye contact. "Victoria, it's me Derek." He said, looking at me confused. "A drink Sir?" I asked again. I was stupid to ever think he'd feel anything towards me. I mean I wasn't in love with him, but he was really attractive and kind, and no doubt was I catching feelings. Ugh, I sound like a teenage girl.

"I'll just have a water." He said. "I'll be right back with those." I said, smiling at the group, aside from Derek. The rest of dinner was... fine. Except for the fact that I still wouldn't look Derek in the eyes. After my shift had ended and the group of them left, and I changed out of the uniform, Jenny told me she'd call me tomorrow morning. I grabbed my things, walking out the door. "Wanna tell me what's going on?" I squeaked, getting startled by his voice.

"I have nothing to say to you." I mumbled. "Did I do something?" "You know, I should be asking you that. Was it annoying that I said good morning to you? Or that I told you to have a nice day? Did I say something that made you not want to answer me? Cause I just thought you weren't your everyday player, but to lead me on and then not answer that's pretty damn typical."

"I was busy. Your good morning texts made my job a little less stressful for me. So thank you for that. But I couldn't exactly get caught up in a girl when I was working." He said. "And tell me Derek Morgan, what do you do for a living? Wait- wait let me guess. A doctor? No! A lawyer!" His eyes narrowed slightly at my attitude.

"I work for the BAU. So I'm FBI." My eyebrows furrowed together. "What does BAU stand-" "Behavioral Analysis Unit." He cut me off.

"I was actually working on catching a serial killer, so excuse me if I didn't have the time to answer." He said, with an attitude of his own. I sighed running my hands over my face. "Look I'm sorry. I just- I feel stupid." I admitted.

"Why?" He asked. "Because! Look at where I work! You're out here kicking serial killer asses and I'm out here serving people food and drinks. It's honestly embarrassing. How could a guy like- you know what I'm gonna shut up now." I said quickly before I exposed myself.

"No, no, no, what were you gonna say?" He asked quickly. A smirk finding it's way upon his lips. God those lips. "Uhh- it's nothing." I stuttered out softly. "Oh, pretty baby, I profile people for a living, and you and I both know that it's not nothing." He said lowly, stepping closer to me. My breath hitched in my throat.

"H-How could a guy like you... possibly, possibly l-like a simple girl like m-me." I mumbled out. "And now why would you say that?" He asked, yet again stepping a little bit closer.

"Well, because. You have a lovely house, a large group of friends. You're 10/10 on personality. Whereas I, have a shitty apartment, that I can barely keep. And a handful of friends. We are very different as to how we live." I reached up fixing his collar. I looked up to meet his gaze, his eyes sparkling, the moonlight highlighting his skin in the most perfect way.

"I'm off tomorrow. You can buy me that coffee you were telling me about." He said softly, his hands brushing my cheek, while he pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "I don't know if your girlfriend would like that very much." Remember how he called the blond woman next to him 'sweetness'.

"She's just a friend, babygirl." I thought that pretty baby made my heart race, but that compared nothing to when that term of endearment slipped from his mouth.

"I think I could get behind a cup of coffee with you." I smiled shyly. "I'm glad. Cause you do owe me, for saving you that night." He chuckled. "Now, you said, you lived in shitty apartment. Would you like to sleep at my place again?" He offered. "No, I can't ask that of you. You've worked hard for the past 4 days." I said shaking my head.

"I don't mind hitting the couch, it's rather comfortable." He said. I shook my head again. "I can't ask that of you." I said again. "Please."  He pouted slightly, my heartbeat was rapid, a chill running down my spine. "Fine. But only if, you take the bed. I can sleep on the couch." I said.

"No. Absolutely not. You take the bed." He said back, with a shake of his head. "You said it yourself, you're couch is comfortable." I retorted. "Don't use my own words against me, babygirl." He said in a low voice, that had a tendency to make electricity run through my veins.

"C'mon, just come over, we can have some wine or beer while we watch a movie or something." He suggested. I smile made its way to my face. "I'd like that." I replied. "Are we taking your car or my car?" "Well actually, my friend Aaron picked me up so it's gonna have to be your car." Derek said, his arm slinging his arm around my shoulders. It was quite chilly, so his warm arm and jacket, stopped my shivers.

God, what is this man doing to me?