extra.

three months too long

12/06/20

With her training bag in her grasps, Wynter skipped down the steps of her home as she trailed towards the kitchen, her feet guiding her towards the correct room while her eyes were exclusively focused on her phone, the messages being sent back and front with the person on the other side of the phone sent the french player's lips curling up in a way they hadn't done so in a while.

With the continuation of the English football season to soon approach, the french player had found herself in such high spirits seeing as of like every other Premier League player, she was eager to retrieve her place back on the pitch alongside her teammates – one particular teammate over others. As time took its course for the last few months many were refined to their home territory though with the lockdown easing as the weeks pass, matches were soon to return to the pitch as well as the TVs of those watching from home and Wynter couldn't be any more thrilled with the news.

At the sound of his daughter trailing into the kitchen, Reed glanced up from the newspaper he was skimming through. He set the newspaper down on the kitchen aisle as he removed his glasses off his face. "I don't think I've seen you this happy for the whole of lockdown," he said with a head shake as a low chuckle passed his lips.

Wynter shoved her phone in her tracksuit pocket as a shy smile graced her facial features. "You know exactly why, dad," she said, taking her place across from her dad on the other side of the kitchen aisle.

After many months of holding her patience (well, not really) close to her, after many weeks expressing how she missed the scouse during their facetime calls through smiles, cries and laughter, today was the day Wynter could return back to Trent's embrace after an eternity's hold-up, even the simple mention of the two together after such a dreadful wait sent the french player overloading with zeal galore. The pair have clung onto this topic since they parted ways many weeks back so the intense exhilaration Wynter endured was a two-way path with Trent too.

Reed scoffed lightly. "Yeah, because my presence for the last few months hasn't been enough. I get it, Winnie."

Wynter laughed at his reaction as she made her way around the kitchen aisle, taking a seat next to Reed. "You know well I don't mean it in that way," she said, wrapping her arms around her dad.

Reed simply patted the higher tier of her back. "Nah, I get what you're saying. The way you miss Trent is the way I miss your mother too so I guess we can relate in one way and many others. Do I miss your brother? Eh, that's debatable," he mentioned, causing the two of them to let free a few sniffled laughs. "Though for real, what you're feeling is for sure justified. You haven't seen your boyfriend in a while so you're excited to see him now that you have the chance to."

"Thanks, dad. I just really miss him and it sucks that we've been back at Melwood for how long and I haven't been able to see Trent at all," Wynter huffed, crossing her arms on the kitchen aisle.

Though she had returned to training at Melwood a weeks ago, she hasn't gotten the opportunity to see a few of her teammates – again, one of them being a particular player, Trent. Returning back to Melwood started off with players engaging in individual training with designated fitness coaches which later progressed into small group training over the last few training sessions and of course as everyone on the squad expected, Wynter and Trent weren't appointed to the same training groups so they had no avail to one another's presence at the training grounds.

The father took a sip of his coffee before he spoke. "They probably put you two in separate groups because they know what you and Trent are about when you're not focused on football," Reed glanced at the french player with a knowing look, a brow lifted in her direction.