three.

imperfect amends

12/08/19

A few days later, Wynter found herself back in the familiar hallways of Melwood for the squad's usual training session. After she got into her training kit, she walked into the boot room, retrieving her boots on the shelves before she moved towards the benches across the from shelves, letting out a tired sigh.

The french player had a lot swirling about in her mind. With football back in the spotlight, she had to make sure that she was playing to her greatest potential out on the pitch.

On top of that, Wynter had recently begun the meetings with FIFA and as grateful as she was to be apart of such a constructive decision-making process, Wynter found the whole situation rather tiring as she seemed to be one of the many few who had to become innovative with the way in which football could potentially be integrated.

And of course, she had Trent on her mind. However, she only reserved a small section on her mind for him since she was too caught up on her other significant real-life situations to be worrying over a boy who she knew would come crawling back to her soon enough.

The pair hadn't uttered a single word to each other since Wynter strayed away from Trent's place and while one individual seemed unphased from the lack of affection from their partner, the other yearned for their significant other's engrossed attention—which is why he was determined to win her over during training.

As the boot room slowly filled up with players, with her boots still resting by her sock-covered feet, Wynter glanced at the notes in her phone rather aimlessly, fingers touching against the keyboard with slight hesitation.

One of the many requests that FIFA handed the player was that she needed to select a collection of female players who she believed would suit for her project. Of course, this was only a rough draft as to who would be fit for the project but she simply couldn't just jot down a few names, the majority of players viewed by Wynter as star-class players.

She hummed, tilting her head to the side before typing in the first names that came into her mind.

POTENTIAL PLAYERS (SO FAR)

Ada Hegerberg:
→ Ranked #4
→ Has won the (female) Champions League

Vivianne Miedema:
→ The Netherlands' all-time top scorer
→ Came second in the Women's World Cup

"Hey, Winnie."

Wynter didn't even have to divert her eyes away from her phone to know who'd taken a seat beside her. "Neco," she greeted the youth player, offering him a kind grin as she placed her phone aside.

During the preseason, Wynter and Neco had grown a little bond between each other—almost like the one she held with Virgil and Jordan. Though instead of receiving advice, Wynter found herself on the other side of the spectrum, granting advice to the Welsh player whenever they crossed paths in Melwood.

"What's up?" she started up, beginning to place her boots on.

He took in a deep breath. "Uh, I was wondering if—"

Wynter looked up from her boots, freeing a little laugh. "Damn, Neco. Why so nervous? It's not like you're asking me out! 'Cause if that's the problem, I'm already taken sorry," she joked, knowing well that not far away, the scouse was tuning into their conversation.

"Oh no, not at all." Neo shook his head quickly, eyes wide.

"Don't know whether you meant you wouldn't go for someone like me or you wouldn't do Trent dirty by asking me out, but anyways," she patted his shoulder in a reassuring manner. "What do you need?"