nineteen.

catch-22 situations 2.0

14/01/20

Wynter let out a groan once the sound of her alarm went off on the coffee table, her hands quietly reaching out to turn it off. When she finally managed to knock out her alarm, she rose from her laying position on the couch. Herself and Reese got so caught up in the movie and their conversation during the previous night that the pair weren't bothered to make another journey upstairs to sleep.

She yawned in a low tone while her eyes were still shut, her finger lightly tugging at her ear lobe. "Hey, Reese. Shouldn't you be—" she said only to cut herself off when her eyes fluttered open only to find out that Reese wasn't on the other side of the couch anymore, causing her lips to fall flat. The french player didn't apprehend much noise in the morning so she couldn't understand how Reese managed to leave the room undetected.

She's probably in the kitchen, Wynter thought as she collected enough energy to rise from the couch, letting out tiny whimpers as she stretched out her limbs for the day.

Making sure to grab her phone along the way, Wynter exited the living room and trailed along the hallway towards the kitchen. As she made the short distance towards the kitchen, her ears picked up on two familiar voices exchanging words in quiet tones, almost whispers if exhaustion didn't dawn much over her ability to listen to external noises around her.

"She's going to be devastated when she finds out about all of this."

"That's why we need to bring the news down on her nicely."

"I don't think that's going to happen."

"What's not going to happen?" Wynter made ger presence known with her words, causing Reese and her mother to turn her way. When she was about to let out a little laugh, she stopped herself once she noticed the level of seriousness on their faces, especially on her mom's. "What?"

Reese approached Wynter, uncertainty written all over her face. "You might want to sit down for this, Winnie," she said, leading the player over to the seats by the kitchen counter.

Wynter glance between Claire and Reese as her mouth fell open slightly, trying to find her next words. "Huh? Did something happen to someone? Nate? Dad? Is everyone okay? What's going on?" Her mother knew better than everyone that the french girl was never the one to handle any kind of dreadful news with ease so the fact she was taking forever to deliver the news put Wynter on edge which would last long with the timing.

While Reese stood by the edge of the counter, Claire took a seat next to her daughter as she took Wynter's hand in her own. "Your brother and dad are okay so don't worry about them," the french girl felt her interior fall back into an eased state. "We were actually talking about you before you came in."

After having her mother as her agent for the past year and a half, she soon came to realise that Claire had distinct strategies when it came to laying out the word on the street about the player herself—with her equally tight schedule, the mother usually presented good news (such as awards or endorsements) to Wynter through phone calls or emails seeing she wasn't permanently based in neither Liverpool nor England.

However, when Claire showed her face at the player's house stripping away her sports agent facade and simply decided to be a comforting mother, Wynter knew then that she'd something to worry about – her mother acted in such a manner when love triangle rumours about herself, Kylian and Trent broke out. Her mother acted in such a manner when rumours revolving around her previous case came into the limelight. Her mother acted in such a manner when she reminded Wynter about placing transferring to other clubs into consideration.