epilogue.

poetic justice

10/05/20

Wandering into her fitness room with her training kit on, a loading laptop in one hand and a water bottle in another, Wynter placed both items down on the floor before she gathered up the necessaries – a football, a yoga mat and AirPods – for the zoom session. Letting out a soft yawn as she fell into a criss cross stance on her yoga mat, Wynter rubbed a palm over her eyes to drown out the fatigue still in her system due to the early hours she'd to rise at.

Glancing over at her gym mirror from her squatted position, a hand flew up to the curls she had yet to touch since a few days ago, the lack of moisture easily detected by the player. "Dieu, I see washday needs to come sooner than later," she said before shaking her overgrown afro alive.

Just as she had adjusted a Nike headband over her hair, her phone chimed up with a notification. Allowing her laptop to continue to load up, she grabbed her phone and noticed she received a message from Peyton, both the message itself and the photos and videos attached causing the french player to let out a shriek full of excitement.

peyton
you're going to be an auntie again

And with that particular message followed a picture of a positive pregnancy test along with a video of Peyton telling Nate, Claire and the kids that a fourth edition would be added to the family in the next few months.

"As your girl suspected," Wynter finally spoke once she let out all of her emotions towards the news. Even though she knew she wouldn't get an instant response (knowing well Peyton must have fallen asleep once she sent the message) she sent her congratulations to Peyton and Nate before she focused her sight on the upcoming training session.

Once she had everything needed for the session on the ready and the time came to join the call, her finger hovered the laptop's touchpad as she let a low sigh pass her lips.

And three, two—

"Hi, Winnie!"

"What's poppin', Ms Reyes?"

"Nice of you to join the call, huh."

"You're late, idiot." Gini's little comment caused the boys to let out a chorus of laughter, Wynter simply shaking her head at his antics.

"Probably because she was getting her hair ready or something like that," Alex added to the conversation, attempting to imitate the french player by twisting one of his curls in between his fingers.

Wynter snorted as she adjusted her position on the yoga mat. "I haven't even gotten the chance to fix my hair this morning. Plus in one way or another, I can't be late since we're online. Also, I think the word idiot should be seen as profanity so that means Gini should be in trouble," she finished off with a sarcastic grin.

"What will make you feel better Winnie?" Gini asked, his chin situating on his fist. "Do you want me to run laps around my house?"

The french player shrugged, stretching her arms past her head. "I wouldn't mind that's for sure. What do you think boss?" She directed the question at the team manager.

Jürgen laughed off his players' banter amongst one another. "If you lot were warned about profanity then I would be spending most of our session telling everyone off – mainly Gini and Winnie," the french player's hand fell along her neck as she knew well that there weren't any lies within her manager's words. "But anyway, since you lot put me off what I wanted to talk about before you go off to train in a few minutes, does anyone have anything to say?"

"That it was much more peaceful before Wins added herself to the equation," Joe snickered, a few of the lads trying their best to mask their laughing fits by shielding their mouths.