Three

It was two days later when Maggie roamed the halls leading to the locker rooms

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It was two days later when Maggie roamed the halls leading to the locker rooms. The hockey practice had finished for the JV team and Varsity was to take the ice next. Maggie had been aimlessly following her brother and his friends around the hall for no real reason. She wanted to head to the library to get some homework done, however, her brother and his friends weren't bad people to hang out with.

Maggie didn't play any sports and nor was she part of any teams or clubs. Maggie preferred to stay on her own with her friends. She was a down to earth preppy with a real flare of kindness. Maggie was almost fifteen years old and already had a popularity base. She had lots of friends, but there were a few that were closer than others. She liked her popularity and where it came from, she was still thinking on that. Was it because her brother was on the successful raining State Champ hockey team or maybe her Eden Hall Board member father? Perhaps her doctor mother?

Studying was something she preferred to do and she didn't mind attending sports' games with her friends or family, she simply didn't play. She was wealthy enough to join whatever sport she wanted and more, however, that wasn't the case. Maggie was laid back and cool, inquisitive and understanding.

Glancing down to her side, Maggie pulled her book from her bag before trying to zip it back up as she rounded the corner. No matter how hard she tried zipping up her backpack, it got caught from pulling so hard and refused to close. It got her a bit mad that the bag wasn't cooperating with her. She blew a few strands of her brown hair out of her face before stopping in the middle of the hall to fix it.

Hearing voices, she stopped playing with her bag upon hearing a voice call to someone to stop. It wasn't directed to her, but she looked up to see who it was. She came face to face with a few boys and a girl, the JV team, as they were leaving the locker room. None of them really looked too happy, even if they tired to show it.

She didn't run into any of them, however, she would have if she didn't hear the 'watch out' from someone within the group. She noticed four boys and a girl. The girl was shorter than the rest of the boys who were taller than her, except one who came about the same height. She'd seen them before many times in the halls or in most of her classes. Not everyone from the team was in the same class, they were spread out in different classes. But, she'd had at least one class with every one of them in it.

Maggie didn't know them or their names. All she knew was that they'd been awarded scholarships for their outstanding athletic and academic performances. Especially athletically for hockey since they were the gold medal winners of the Goodwill Games.

"Hey, you're from that class." Greg Goldberg spoke, pointing to her.

The boy beside him lowered Greg's hand from it's pointing state as it was rude to anyone, not because she was a girl. "Now don't point, Goldberg. It's rude."

"Pssh." Goldberg waved a hand in the air as if he didn't care, which he didn't really.

Maggie nodded. "English?" She questioned. "You're the guy who dislikes when the teacher calls upon to read." She smiled, almost laughing.

"And science." Luis spoke.

"Also gym."

"I think we have most classes together. I mean, we're in the same grade, so, I'd assume that's right...Name's Maggie Brooks."

"Well, I'm Julie Gaffney." The girl kindly smiled. "And that's Luis, Russ, Dwayne and well, you already know his name." She nods to Goldberg after pointing to each boy as she spoke their name.

"Nice to meet you all." She smiled.

"Hey, you play hockey?" Goldberg asked out of the blue.

"Yeah, we've seen you with Varsity." Russ spoke. "They're a bunch of wussies."

Julie hit his shoulder because he just spoke wrong of Maggie's friends, which they didn't want her going to them and them coming back to beat up on them. Maggie laughed. "No, it's all right. They can be wusses." She agrees. "And no, I don't play hockey."

"No?" Dwayne asked. "Seemed to me like you could."

"Why thank you." She smiled and he smiled back, tipping his cowboy hat. "No, hockey's my brothers' sports. They dominate the ice." She explained. "Well, I should let you go. I've got to get my homework done." She raised the book in her hand to show them.

"Smarty, aren't cha?" Russ spoke.

"Sure, bye Maggie." Luis nodded. "Nice meeting you."

"Yeah." Julie nodded in agreement.

"Have a good night." Dwayne smiled, following the others.

She turned and walked off, forgetting about the stubborn zipper on her backpack. She'd headed towards the library and the group of five friends watched her walk off. It was Julie who laughed when she walked off first and the drooling boys followed. They found her quite nice to speak to and they didn't know much about her. They'd seen her around Varsity often which led them to believe she must've been good friends with them, one of them was her brother, or she was dating one of them. Either way, they wanted to know her better.

"Come on, stop drooling." Julie laughed and they followed her back towards their dorms.