Chapter 47

Peter

"Hey, where's Sky?" I overhear Taybh ask Nat, and I cannot wait to hear the answer. Sky has yet to show up to school, and I know she's never late, especially to quizzes.

"I don't know, she just told me to not wait up." Nat shrugs and my hand tightens around my pencil that I've been turning around with my fingers. I bite my lip and bounce my leg worriedly.

This is concerning, especially because of what I've seen last night. I heard her coughing really loudly and violently, and when I looked out the window I saw her holding onto her throat as she tried to breathe, but couldn't because the coughs didn't stop. Her face had gotten blue and she was on the brink of suffocating if it weren't for her many tries to breathe. Her brother immediately ran into the room and rubbed her back, calling their parents. Her parents barged in as well as her mom gave her some water and felt her forehead. She calmed down a little after the water, but she was still coughing, so her dad left and came back with a glass of some sort of green tea, I think. She looked so tired and her family was really worried about her. 

After that, her mom barely left her side. She took her temperature and rubbed her back to calm her down. Soon she was calm enough to be left alone, and Sky went back to her books that were sprawled out on her bed and continued to study.

I wanted to call her so badly, make sure she's okay, comfort her, and talk to her, but I couldn't.

"That's weird." Taybh furrows her eyebrows and frowns. "I hope she's okay."

"Me too." Nat sighs.

Our geology teacher, Miss Hannah, entered the class and greeted us before she noticed the empty seat.

"Where's Sky?" She asks, looking at Nat and Taybh since they're her friends. The two girls replied that they don't know. Suddenly Miss Willow barged in the room and talked to Miss Hannah, trying to keep her voice down, but I managed to pick some of it up.

"Did you hear what happened with Sky?"

"No, is everything okay?"

"No, her parents called me this morning, she won't be coming to school today; she's at the ER."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"They don't know."

My heart drops in my stomach and I glance at the girls next to me, seeing them share worried glances with each other, obviously having heard what our two teachers have said. They then turn to their left, where I assume they exchange glances with Tim, Owen and Aidan. I don't bother to look.

"Alright, class, prepare for your quiz."

"Natalie!" Kevin calls out in a heavy American accent and I roll my eyes having no reason to hold back

"Natalie!" Kevin calls out in a heavy American accent and I roll my eyes having no reason to hold back. "Do you know why my baby blue isn't here?"

"Stop calling her that." She sighs annoyed by the human next to me. I think both of us are resisting the urge to punch him. The only reason I haven't gone away yet is because I might get some information about Sky. "She's at the hospital, so go away now."