Chapter 42

Sky

I stare blankly at my window that is covered by the white curtains, blocking the window of the person who just betrayed my trust.

I can't believe him. After all this time, he just gets up and leaves us for his beloved 'Bri'. I had his back but apparently he doesn't have mine, he always said he did, but that was obviously a lie. How could he believe her over me?

It just doesn't make sense!

I could feel tears pooling in my eyes and I blink, letting them fall freely. I quickly wipe them away and sit up, thinking of what I should do to let out my anger and sadness. I could write another chapter for my book, or I could spend hours on a drawing.

I'm not going to sit around and sulk about him, he doesn't deserve it. And to think we've grown really close lately with all those moments we shared. I can't believe I started to like him.

I had his back, and he always told me he had mine, but he lied; he didn't even listen to me. He thinks he's stubborn when he makes up his mind? Clearly he doesn't know me yet.

I'm really hurt, but at the same time I'm not, because I have my friends, and they're here for me. I don't need Peter, none of us do. Our group was perfect before he came and now we're back to how we were.

At least now I don't have to pretend to be his girlfriend, even though I might miss that.

I need to forget about him, and fast.

I told the group what happened, and thankfully they didn't see me cry. They were all mad of course, and we started planning a murder, which I have been suggesting ever since I figured out I liked him; because feelings ruin everything.

And I was right; he left us. He broke my heart, if I could call it that; because the hurt I feel is mostly the pain of losing a good friend, but this shows that he's not a good friend, so I shouldn't be sad over him, I should be happy.

I guess he didn't change at all; he's still the same guy he used to be. And I have zero tolerance for assholes with no backbone, so I'm over him.

My coping mechanism is overworking myself until I achieve a lot more to feel better. I use the anger and sadness as fuel to make myself rise up to success, and I take my friends with me, because we're all in this together.

So that's what I'm going to do; I'm going to become more seen, I need to be heard, and this year is my chance to finally step up and be louder. Peter won't be able to avoid me once I'm at the top, and he'll regret everything and come crawling back to us, but we won't welcome him with open arms, if anything, I'm sure my friends will chase him away with pitchforks and fire.

He'll realize the mistake he's made soon enough.

If we do rise to success and shine at school, not only will it open Peter's eyes, but it will also make Brianna jealous.

Psychological torture, girls are great at it.

She thinks she's the best in everything, when she clearly isn't. There's something about making people who hate you, hate you even more, especially when you're living life to the fullest happily.

Our school is full of talented people, and it's about time we shed some light on them instead of leaving them in Brianna's shadow.

I walk over to my bookshelf that has a whole level dedicated to my art supplies. I take out my large sketchpad and my pack of pencils, as well as my colored pencils since I don't know what I want to draw yet.

I turn on my computer and search for pencil drawings; I choose a complicated dragon portrait and begin to draw the outlines first. I could draw the eyes with colors to make it contrast with the black and white, and it would look really cool.