Chapter 40

Lmao what are the odds that a day after I write a stargazing chapter, I get my own opportunity...except I'm alone lol.

NEOWISE COMET CAN BE SEEN WITH THE NAKED EYE SO HAVE FUN SEEING IT!!! IT LOOKED SO COOL AND I SAW A BUNCH OF SHOOTING STARS TOO OMG!!!!

Sky

"IT SNOWED?" I scream once I look out my window. "WHY WAS I NOT AWARE OF THIS?!"

My mom rushes into my room hearing me scream loudly, but not able to make sense of my words. Whoops?

"What happened? Are you okay?" She exclaims with wide eyes and I turn to her with a huge grin on my face.

"It snowed!!!"

"That's why you screamed?" She let out an annoyed huff. "I thought something happened to you, idiot."

"Oh come on, I haven't fainted in so long, cut me some slack!" I whine and giggle.

"We never know with you." She shakes her head with a chuckle, ruffling my hair and I pout. "You wanna go out and play in the snow?" 

"Duh!"

"Wear lots of layers." She orders and leaves my room once I nod my head. I close the blinds of my window, sending a text to the group chat to meet up at my place so we play in the snow. Everyone agrees so I start getting ready. I wear an undershirt followed by a sweater, and my pajama pants because they're the warmest. I put on my scarf and beanie, then my long raincoat and close it up.

I look like a marshmallow.

I wear my gloves and head down to wear my snow boots, which intensify my marshmallow look. This attire is almost as puffy as my cheeks, almost.

"Show me what you're wearing." My mom demands and I show her, making her give me a look. "Sky, you're going to get sick!"

"Mom, this is super warm I swear!"

"If I hear one cough out of you, you're dead." I grin sheepishly and open the door.

I go out and stare around in awe, breathing in the peaceful fresh air. I love snowy days. Suddenly my glasses fly off my face as a snowball hits my face. I turn around, squinting to see who the laughing blurry figure is. I pick up my glasses and look again, seeing Peter bending down in laughter. I smirk and pick up some snow, pressing it as hard as I could to it would turn into ice rather than the soft snow it is, then cover it with more snow and throw it at Peter's abdomen, because if this hit his face he'd need an ambulance...I think.

"Ow! How did that hurt?" He yelled, walking over to me.

"A magician never reveals their secrets!" I beam and pick up more snow to throw at his face. I throw it and laugh at his deadpan expression and he glares at me. He slowly walks over to me, and I back up with each step he takes, biting back a laugh. My back hits our car and I have nowhere to go as Peter looks down at me, his breath warming up my cold red face. He puts his arms on both sides of my head as he stares into my eyes.

"You shouldn't have done that." His eyes flicker to my lips and back at my eyes, and thankfully I can blame the cold weather for my red face. He leans in closer and my breath hitches.

Then he threw the snow he gathered from the roof of the car and slapped both sides of my face with it, making me gasp as he laughs.

"Not cool, Thompson." I laugh and hit his chest with snow.

"All's fair in love and war!" He winks, throwing a snowball at me, but I plop down on the snow to avoid it.

I lay down on the snow staring at the sky, not bothered by the snow soaking my pajama pants and making my legs go numb. Peter plops down beside me, and I take the chance to grab as much snow as I can and throw it on his head. I quickly get up giggling and run as far as possible. Peter runs after me, his laughs filling my ears. Suddenly I'm tackled to the ground with strong arms wrapped around my waist. I giggle uncontrollably as I wiggle around in Peter's arms to face him as he is underneath me and I notice him looking at me with adoration and a soft smile gracing his lips.