Chapter 17

Peter

I stood by my locker peacefully, taking out my lunch and putting my bag in there to meet up with my friends at our usual spot. 

But the world seems to have a problem with peace or something...So now I got Selena asking me out.

Kill me.

"There's this really cool diner downtown, we could go together if you'd like?" She fluttered her lashes at me, trying really hard to keep her posture straight.

"Sorry, but I can't." I lied.

I could, but I don't want to.

"What?" She gasped. "Why? What are you going to do? Hang out with those losers your entire life?"

"They're not losers." I said sternly, looking her in the eye. "And yes, I would very much rather spend my life with them."

"Oh come on!" She huffed and threw her arms up. "You need a woman by your side, you know!"

"Actually, I don't need one." I said. "And I already have one."

Why did I say that?

I don't have a girlfriend!

Does my brain hate me? My brain hates me.

"You do?" She sneered. "Who?"

If I say she goes to another school she would know I'm lying. But I am new so maybe I can?

I see Sky walking over to me, smiling at me ever so softly as her hair bounces up and down with each step she took. Selena noticed me staring and scoffed, as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing. In a moment of panic, I blurted out a sentence that I would probably regret very soon.

"There she is!" I lied with a bright grin, but deep down I was breaking.

"Here I am!" Sky chuckled, her eyes looking at me with slight confusion, but she hid it well and went along with what I was saying.

"Her?" Selena said disgustedly. I narrowed my eyes at her and wrapped an arm around Sky's shoulder, and it felt so right.

"Yes, her." Sky replied back, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You got a problem?" I raise an eyebrow at the younger girl in front of me, my anger almost bursting out seeing the way she looked at Sky with disgust.

"Yeah-" She started to say but I cut her off instantly.

"Too bad." I said and dragged Sky and myself away, my arm still around her. She reached her hand up, holding mine in hers and looked at me worriedly.

"You okay?" She asked me gently. "You look tense."

I sigh and rub my face with my free hand. What did I just do? Now Sky is going to hate me and never talk to me again, and I'll be the laughing stock of the school and then Kevin would hit on her even more and she might finally fall for him and then I'd die alone.

"Peter!" She snapped me out of my panicked thoughts, cupping my cheek gently. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry." I look down in guilt as I place my hand on hers that is on my cheek. 

She stepped closer to me, sending my heart into a frenzy.

"Why?" I said nothing. "Peter, talk to me."

"I panicked," I started rambling. "she kept pestering me about going out with her for days and then she called you guys losers and I snapped and I..."

"What did you do, Peter?" She asked softly, not in an accusing tone, more like a curious one.

"I said you were my girlfriend." I whispered. 

"Oh." She said. "So that's what I walked into..."

"I'm so sorry, Sky. I understand if you never want to talk to me again-"

"Woah, hold on." She chuckled. "I'm not mad at you, peter."

"You're not?" I look up to her in her eyes. She smiled and shook her head.

"I understand, you panicked and she was annoying." She said. "This might make their obsession with you stronger, but taking it back will only make it worse."

"Wait, wouldn't they back off if they think I have a girlfriend?"

"Nope." She said, pooping the p. "It just makes them want you more, because if someone is dating you that means that there is something about you that they'd love."

"Girls are complicated." I groan.

"I'm a girl and I don't understand them, trust me I know."

"So..." I trailed off, shifting on my feet nervously, a blush grazing my cheeks. "You're okay with being my fake girlfriend?"

"Sure, fake boyfriend." She winked at me cheekily, but I could see the bright blush on her face.

Man, this girl is always blushing.

"It might make Kevin back off too." I said as we began to walk again.

"Oh yeah!" She exclaimed. "And the girls who already hate me will hate me more...awesome!"

"You're happy that you're going to be hated more?"

"Well, they already hate me, so I might as well annoy them more." She let out her evil giggle.

"You scare me."

"Aww, love you too, boyfriend." She laughed.

My heart skipped some beats but I got myself together and laughed with her, wrapping my arm around her once again as we walked onto the field, walking towards our friends.

"Me too, girlfriend."

We sit side by side by our friends and they greet us like there's nothing weird. Probably because I already flirt with Sky a lot.

"Guess what." Sky said, taking a bite of her green apple.

"Crownless is getting published?" Anna stopped eating and stared at her.

"I wish, but no."

"You fell while reenacting how you almost fell?" Laura guessed.

"That happened one time and now I can't catch a break..." Sky muttered to herself.

"Emo dude asked you out again?" Nat guessed casually.

"Close," Sky smirked. "But no."

"Wait which part is close? Emo dude?" Anna asked.

"Nope." She smiled and I grinned, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

"Someone asked you out?!" They all screamed when she nodded.

"Who?!" Nat asked once they calmed down.

I raised my hand and Sky smiled at me. "I did."

"You're kidding!" Laura exclaimed, not believing this.

"About time!" Anna yelled.

"I freaking knew it!" Nat cheered.

"Woah, calm down." Sky laughed and I joined in, my heart beating faster at the girls cheering about us. "We're fake dating."

My heart broke a little, because I wished that we were really dating. This is going to be torture, but it's also probably my only shot of having her close to me like that.

We explained everything that happened and discussed what we'd start doing to show that we are a couple. Everyone probably knows that Sky and I are 'dating' by now, as the tenth graders spread gossip like fire.

The girls were bummed out that it wasn't real, and honestly, I was too.

Hah? *wiggles eyebrows* Hah?

So?

Whatcha think? 

Hope you liked this chapter!!