Chapter Seven

Sayali

I was literally grinning all night. I had been in a relationship before but I never felt like this. Ck was surely the man I was searching for.

"He is almost my age Sayali," Aai said while we had our breakfast.

"But Aai, I love him. How does age difference matter when we are in love with each other".

"Age difference does matter when it is like 15 years and even more when one is nearing 50 and the other is in her 30's."

"That's not fair Aai, you are increasing his age by 2 years and decreasing mine by 3 years".

"I did not want to discuss all this with you but you leave me with no choice. What about your other needs? What if he cannot take care of them? Will you still be happy with him? Don't forget this would be your second marriage Sayali. Do you still want to take this chance"?

"I am totally ready for this Aai. I know all you want is to see me happy, and I feel happiness everytime I am with him. Everything else just pales in comparison Aai. And I don't want to miss that. No matter what".

"What about Bhau? He will never agree to this. Karan and his family are coming on Sunday to see you. Things have gone really far. Bhau has given his word to them. You know that Sayali. Don't you"?

"Aai I thought you will support me no matter what", I said as tears pooled in my eyes.

"Sayali I am with you, always, but I am afraid it's too late sweetheart".

"No it's not late Aai. It's my life and I have made my decision".