Chapter 4: The Clown

No POV

   Richie wakes up to the sound of something knocking on his window. "What the hell." He says, out loud. He gets up and stretches, then walks over to the window to see a small boy with rocks in his hands. Richie opens the window to see Eddie standing there. "You could have broken my fucking window, Ed's! It's also, like, five in the morning." It's eight in the morning, dummy." Eddie says. "Oh, well same thing." Richie says, as he climbs out of the window to see Eddie.

   "So, what's up?" Richie asks. Eddie doesn't say anything back. Instead, he just turns around and hugs Richie. Richie was confused. "What's wrong, Eddie." Richie asks. "I'm scared, Chee." Eddie says, starting to cry. "Shh, it will be all right. Just tell me what's going on." Richie says, calmly. "I-i saw something and it took her, Chee. I don't know what to do." Eddie says, burying his head in Richie's shoulder. They let go of the huh and Richie asks, "Took who?" Eddie just looked at Richie, until he finally said, "My mom." "Wait, who took her?" Richie asks. "I don't know, all I saw was a clown. It was scary, Chee. Really scary." "Did you call the cops?" Richie asks. "No, I was too scared to even move." Eddie says, with a sigh. "Well we need to tell the losers, okay?" "Yeah, okay." Eddie says, as they walk to the kissing bridge.

   The losers club were all going to meet up at the kissing bridge around nine, so Eddie and Richie decided to go over there early. Once they got there, they saw Stanley crying on the bridge. The kids rushed over to him and asked him what was wrong. "What's wrong, Stan?" Eddie asks. He looks up at the two boys and then back down. "There was this clown I-in my house yesterday. He was laughing and then he saw me. I ran away and jumped out of my window. I ran to the closest house, which was Bev's house and stayed there for the night." Stanley says. "Holy shit, no way." Richie says, as he looks at Eddie. "I saw him too." Eddie says, quietly. "You did?" Stanley asks. Yeah, he t-took my mom." Eddie says, while crying again. "Are you sure he took her?" Stanley asks, to make sure. Eddie just gives a little nod to the boy. "Well, we need to fight this son of a bitch." Richie says, clenching his fists.

422 words