Fighting For What Matters

Tsukiko

It's been a month and a lot has happened. Sasori and Deidara have been helping in the academy while I've been helping around the orphanage. However, today seems different.

"Okay try it again." I said to the kids in the academy. They threw their weapons at the trees trying to hit the red targets. Some got them after a few tries but Mira got it just in one.

"Good job Mira. Keep it up and you'll become just like your brother." I said as I fist bumped her. She smiled brightly before going to retrieve her weapons. I stood there looking around at the other kids. Some were trying to help each while others talked amongst themselves.

"How are things here." I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Gaara standing there with a rose in his hand.

"Good so far. Some of these kids are stronger than they look. How are things with the counsel?" I asked as we watched over the kids. He handed me the rose and I gladly took it.

"Tiring." He replied with a sigh. I frowned slightly and went to sit down on a bench. Gaara followed and sat down next to me. I made him lay his head on my lap as I ran my fingers through his soft red hair.

"It's okay Gaara. Just take your time. I know the Chunin exams are coming up but you have to relax. Okay?" I said as I looked down at him. His sea foam green eyes stared into my midnight black ones. His right hand reached for my cheek as I leaned in closer.

"You're beautiful Tsukiko." Gaara said as he rubbed his thumb on my cheek. I shivered at the contact but don't move away. I haven't realized how close we were until I felt his breath of me. Our eyes started to slowly shut as we were about to kiss until...

"Princess come quick!!!" Mira shouted. Quickly I looked up and noticed red smoke coming from the east board of the village. Gaara and I were quickly on our feet and ran as fast as we could.

Once we got there we found two shadowy figures. As we walked towards them they disappeared. I tried to locate them but can't find them. I looked over at Gaara and he nodded.

"I want everyone on guard. No one is allowed in or out without my permission. Understood?" Gaara said loud and clear for all the shinobi behind us to hear. They all nodded and quickly went to spread the word.

"We should head back." Gaara said as he walked away. I turned around to follow but the intense pain on my neck stopped me. I touched my neck and felt a subon. My eyes widen as I realized it was poisoned.

"G-g-gaara!!!" I shouted as I fell to my knees. I put my left arm down so I don't lose balance and try to stand up again but couldn't.

"Tsukiko!! Are you alright!!? Tsukiko!!!" Gaara shouted as my vision became blurry. I tried not to faint but the pain was so unbearable. My body felt like it was on fire.

"Move!! Let me through!!!" I heard Sasori shout. I felt someone pick me up bridestyle and start to fly. I looked up and noticed that Gaara was carrying me.

Gaara

I ran as fast as I could towards the hospital. Tsukiko was shivering and her skin was turning pale. I knew I had to take her to Sasori but I still can't trust him. Not fully that is.

"Gaara!!" I heard someone shout. I looked over to my left and saw Sasori and Deidara. "Gaara!!Hand her other to me!! I can get the poison out of her in seconds!!!" Sasori shouted as the wind picked up.

"Not a chance!!" I shouted back as I used my sand to fly me over to the hospital.

"Gaara stop!!!" I heard my brother shout but continuedto make my way to the hospital until a giant clay bird stopped me from advancing.