Wherever she looked, there was a reminder of the weight of the last padawan of the great Jedi Master Yoda. Even if she had only been selected a couple of days prior, Lyra spotted it in the envious eyes of other padawans, of judging Jedi Knights and Masters, even in the high gazes of some of those stuck up Senator's that sometimes came to visit the temple. She knew she shouldn't really complain, but who could blame a child barely of the age of thirteen for a responsibility they were unfit to handle.

Another dance of clashes ensued, each one sending her further backwards in retreat until her back collided with the training room wall and Lyra needed a way out that wasn't behind her.

"You still hesitate too much Lyra" Obi-Wan remarked, pushing his saber as tightly up against her as he could without actually cutting into her skin. As much as he wanted to win, the older padawan knew not to bring serious harm to someone he cared about.

"Oh yeah?!" Scanning the space around them for a way out of her predicament, Lyra only found one solution and kicked out with her feet against his chest. His taller form barely reacted but the small push was enough to ease the pressure on her weapon to enable her to crouch down under their sabers and to the side out of the way of his strike. "How's that for hesitation, Kenobi?" The young blond snorted doing a cartwheel away to avoid another swing aimed at her head.

The blond boy only rolled his eyes at her words, giving his saber a spin from behind his hip while he turned to face her from across the mat.

This time it was Lyra's turn to strike first, pushing herself forward with confidence bubbling in her veins. Ever since she'd held the complete saber in her hands she had felt invincible. The young Jedi learner knew of course she was far from it, but such a powerful weapon, now her own? Who wouldn't feel a little immortal wielding it.

Obi-Wan somehow sensed what she was planning on doing next, or perhaps he'd been planning his move from the start, she couldn't quite tell. But as soon as their blades connected he kicked her feet out from under her and pinned her down just as quickly by pressing his lightsaber against hers. The pressure alone crushing down on her was enough to keep her pressed firmly to the floor, he'd trapped her.

"That's cheating!" Lyra moaned in annoyance, gritting her teeth while she tried to keep the older boy from pushing down on her any further.

"Is it?" He all but mocked her with a smirk, watching her struggle being quite an amusing sight in his opinion.

He didn't have time to witness however, the small blush that had crept up Lyra's neck as she turned her head away to hide it once it reached her cheeks. She would never admit it, but close proximity with Obi-Wan Kenobi had sent her blood racing for a while now, for reasons still unbeknownst to inexperienced heart.

"I see you finally managed to complete your lightsaber, young Din-So" Qui-Gon Jinn's voice cut in on their sparring match, Obi-Wan instantly jumping off of her when he too heard his Master's presence in the training room.

"Master" The older blond bowed his head respectfully, deactivating and putting his saber back at his hip.

Qui-Gon could only chuckle at the padawan's antics, helping Lyra to her feet by offering hand which she accepted bashfully. It was rather embarrassing to be found pinned to the ground about to lose a duelling match, especially by a Master Jedi.

"I-I finished it early this morning" She explained, letting the saber switch off and tucking it away into her own holster as she avoided eye contact with the tall man.

"Impressive, I haven't seen someone wield that colour in a while" Qui-Gon hummed running a hand thoughtfully over his beard. "I have to apologise for stealing Obi-Wan from you, but we have been assigned a new mission away from the temple" he explained.

A note of disappointment passed her by as she glanced at the other padawan in the room. But said nothing else as she nodded her head. Lyra had wanted to spar with Obi-Wan for longer, to hone her skills and spend time learning from someone more experienced that wasn't a Master. She knew however, that the missions away from Coruscant were definitely important enough to warrant his absence.

"That's alright" Lyra forced a smile to her lips, hoping to play off her fleeting emotion as she crossed her arms and raised her chin in mock confidence "Gives me more time to train and make sure I beat him when he gets back" she muttered.

"Yeah right" Obi-Wan could only roll his eyes, ruffling her hair as he walked past her and towards his Master who stood waiting at the door. "It'll take you longer than a few days to catch up to me, little Lyra" he teased.

She huffed at his words, sticking her tongue out at the taller blond childishly "Don't call me that!" She always did feel so much younger whenever he mocked her height or age like that, even if it was just in a lighthearted way. Lyra much preferred seeming older than she was, especially in front of Kenobi and the other Jedi Masters in the temple. She hated being looked down upon.

"Just you wait Kenobi, you'll be eating your words once you get back!" Lyra shouted after the two Jedi as they chuckled to themselves and left the room, leaving her standing and huffing to herself in annoyance before the padawan gathered her wits and began practicing again with renewed resolve. She would beat Obi-Wan in a duel next time they met, she was sure of it.