Chapter 11

Ishitha's POV-

"Ishitha?"

"Yeah?" I looked at Aarav.

"Do you always speak to strangers like this or am I special?" He asked, winking at me.

Rolling my eyes, I answered, "Firstly, no I don't speak to strangers like this. Secondly, you're not a stranger exactly, because my dad knows you quite well. And lastly, you're not special, Aarav."

"If you say so." He teased.

"Anyway, I'm going to step out of the train now. I need some fresh air. Do you want something?" I asked him.

"No, I'm fine, thanks." He smiled.

Mumbling an okay I walked out of the coach. I stepped off the train and made my way to a small shop.

As there were some people buying stuffs I decided to wait for them to get done.

Feeling someone's gaze on me, I looked up to find a couple of boys sitting at a distance and roaming their eyes up and down my body.

The people who were ahead of me were done buying their stuffs. I asked the shopkeeper for some chocolates and milkshakes.

As he was packing my stuff, I noticed the group of boys walking towards me.

I mentally prayed to God to keep me safe and away from them.

Just when they were a step away from me, I felt someone's arm around my waist. Looking up at the person, I sighed in relief.

Aarav smiled down at me and blinked his eyes.

The group of boys glared at Aarav before walking away. I paid the shopkeeper before we walked back to the train.

"I was so scared. Thank you." I thanked Aarav once we were back in our coach.

"It's okay." He said, smiling back and sitting on his seat.

"How did you know though?" I questioned.

"I saw them staring at you and when they stood up, I knew something would go down." He replied.

"Oh. Thanks though."

"Not a problem at all." He smiled.

All of a sudden the train jerked forward, causing me to fall on Aarav.

"Sorry." I said, rubbing my arm and sitting straight.

"I like it how you've held the chocolates close to your chest like they're the most precious things on Earth and you wouldn't cause any harm to them." He chuckled.

"I mean, they are." I chuckled along.

"I also like it how you're still sitting on my lap." He smirked.

Looking down, I saw I was sitting on Aarav's lap. A blush crept onto my face, before I looked up at him.

"Sorry." I mumbled, getting off.

The train jerked forward again and guess what?

I fell on Aarav again.

This time I hit my forehead against his.

"Shit. I'm so sorry." I chuckled and looked at him.

That's when I realised how close we were.

I was on his lap again, his arms around my waist and mine on his shoulders.

"I also like it how you always land up on my lap." He whispered, winking at me, catching me off guard.

"Huh?"

"Huh?" He repeated, teasing me.

"Sorry." I mumbled, quickly getting off him and sitting on my seat.

I looked at Aarav, who smiled at me before winking and going back to his phone.

The train journey continued and while Aarav spoke to his family, I looked down at my lap and ate my chocolates in silence.

"Okay, maa. Yeah, bye. Take care." He said before hanging up.

"You okay?" He asked me after a couple of minutes.

"Huh? Yeah." I smiled.

"Chocolates?" I offered.

"Uhm, no thanks. Too much chocolates would decay my teeth." He chuckled.

"I'm surprised that your teeth are totally fine." He added.

"Just lucky, I guess." I smiled, looking down.

"Ishitha, you fine?" He questioned again.

"Yeah, Aarav, I am." I chuckled.

We stayed silent until Aarav spoke again.

"Ishitha?"

"Yeah, Aarav?" I chuckled.

"How's your fever?" He asked.

I gave him a confused look.

"I don't have a fever." I answered.

"You sure? Because you look pretty hot to me."