*7

Later that night, when Prathik returns home and is eating dinner, RamPrasad asks, "Where were you last night? Don't tell me that you worked the whole night." He explains everything to Dadu. "Being a Oneirophobic, you slept for more than two hours?" Ramprasad gets shocked but then the realisation hits Prathik. It's been almost twenty-five years since his father died and he has slept for more than two hours. Even Prathik is shocked by how this can happen.

"Prathik, you should let go of the past. After marriage, Lohitha will be your responsibility. With the baggage you are carrying you'll hurt her. I know what you had gone through, but don't ever hurt that innocent soul," RamPrasad says then leaves to his room making Prathik drown in deep thoughts. "Why am I saying all this is because the priest fixed your marriage with Lohitha within 15 days." Ramprasad concludes making Prathik choke his food and looks at him with an 'Isn't it too early' look. "She loves you... Don't make her hate you" Ramprasad says making Prathik nod his head

After having dinner Prathik goes into his room. Usually, Prathik doesn't sleep. In fact, he couldn't sleep. So he always works all night. Thus he starts studying Niyati and Amrutha's murder case files. The more he studies the more complicated it gets. Puffing some air out he again starts to read. He doesn't know when sleep took over.

Maa, don't leave, please... Maa... Maa...

No... Eagle man, don't kill my dad please....please...

Whenever Prathik sleeps he sees a tattoo of an angry eagle flying carrying a heavy skull along with a kobra engulfing the skull

Whenever Prathik sleeps he sees a tattoo of an angry eagle flying carrying a heavy skull along with a kobra engulfing the skull. That's the tattoo he saw on the hand of his father's murderer.

Prathik is shouting while his body is drenched with sweat. He is still sleeping and his body is shivering. Ramprasad comes to Prathik's room when he hears Prathik's shouts.

He wakes Prathik up and gives him his medicines. "Dadu... Papa... That eagle man..." He hugs Ramprasad while saying incoherent words. Ramprasad couldn't do anything other than sob seeing Prathik's condition.

This has been happening for the past twenty-five years. After some time, Prathik calms down and leaves for the washroom. After a few minutes, he comes out and his face looks too pale.

He comes back and places his head in Ramprasad's lap. "Why did that bitch have to leave me, Dadu? Why did that man have to kill my dad? That bitch left me and God took away my papa. Why, Dadu, why? What sin have I done?" Prathik says while crying like a small boy.

RamPrasad has no words to say. From a ten-year-old innocent boy who lost his parents to a thirty-two-year-old man who made himself a strong, arrogant, rude man, to the world he has seen a lot of changes in Prathik. A lot has changed, but not his nightmares.

"You know I became an IPS officer to find that bastard. It's been eight years. I haven't once come across a man with that bloody eagle tattoo," he says while hitting the wall with his knuckles with anger still tears flowing from his eyes. Blood starts to ooze. What can a 75-year-old man say or do? Except for crying over their fate!

Ramprasad reaches Prathik "Ok... Stop... Please..." he whispers, making Prathik look at him. He hugs Ramprasad and cries more. While dressing his knuckles, Ramprasad says, "Whatever happens in our life, it one way or the other is connected to something else. You will get the answers to your questions once the time comes." Ramprasad says to Prathik "And that day I'll make that bastard beg for death" Prathik mumbles seething in anger.

'It's been twenty-five years and whenever I sleep I get these nightmares, so why didn't I get these nightmares yesterday? How did I sleep for more than two hours?' he thinks to himself.

Three days passed by, and Prathik and Lohitha couldn't talk much except for good morning and good night messages. She understands him and his profession and his busy schedule.

"Sir, you have an appointment with Damayanthi tomorrow morning at eleven o'clock," Radha says while Prathik just nods his head. "Until we get her statement we can't move an inch in this case," Prathik says while rubbing his forehead. "True sir. I think we all can take leave for today," Radha suggests.

"It's only three o'clock, so tell all the staff members to leave. We will meet again tomorrow," he says. Radha is about to leave. "How can you be this beautiful Radha?" He winks at her for which Radha blushes.

Prathik is about to start home when he gets a call from Ramprasad. "Hello, Prathik, Go and pick Lohitha up from her school. She's going for some jewellery shopping it seems. She wanted to ask you to accompany her. She was unable to contact you it seems. If possible call and talk to her," RamPrasad says "Ok..." he replies. With that, he leaves to pick up Lohitha.

When he approaches the school, he finds Lohitha talking to a guy. They are both laughing. He hops out of his car and stands there, leaning back against his car and throwing daggers at that guy. Within a few seconds, Lohitha notices Prathik and waves at him, for which he nods his head. Then she brings the person towards him.

"Prathik, this is Ram. Ram, this is Prathik-" Lohitha tries to introduce them to each other. Prathik cuts her off. "Her would be," he says while wrapping his arm around her shoulder making her glare at Prathik for being rude towards Ram.

"Oh, congrats, Lohitha, By the way, I've heard a lot about you. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Prathik," Ram says while sticking out his hand. Prathik shakes his hand with Ram reasonably not wanting to be rude.

"I think we should leave," Prathik whispers. She could sense the change in Prathik's behaviour. Bidding bye to Ram they both leave from there. Though Ram seems to be a nice man Prathik finds something unusual with him. And he didn't get any positive vibes either.

All the while Lohitha sat silently "I'm sorry you couldn't contact me before" he tried to start the conversation making her glare at him. "What's the need to behave like that with Ram, Prathik?" she questions. "I..." though he wants to tell her what he feels about Ram but somehow he stops himself as if she wouldn't agree with him. So he keeps his mouth shut.

"If you are feeling jealous of him... Then you don't need to be Prathik. Cause I love you and soon we are going to get married." she says with disappointment making him sigh. "That's my nature Lohitha... That's how I behave with people... Precisely with strangers." he pauses making her roll her eyes. "I don't need to be jealous 'cause I trust you," he says, making her smile a little. "Do you think I will try to control you?" he questions, making her look at him blankly.

"I would never do that, Lohitha. Cause I know even though we get married we do have our boundaries and we should respect each other," he says making her nod. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lashed out at you..." she whispers, making him chuckle. "It's fine... I don't mind that..." he says, still driving the car.

After a few moments "Which subject do you teach?" he asks, "I teach business management for students who opt for commerce after completing their 10th class for 11th and 12th classes" she replies making him nod. "You did an MBA, right? Then why teaching?" he asks, making her chuckle "I love teaching..." she replies with a smile.

After shopping, Lohitha insists on going to a hotel and having their dinner to spend some quality time together making him agree. "The food tastes good," he says, chewing food and making her chuckle. "Then... Start listening to your wife..." she says proudly making him chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oneirophobia is the fear of dreams, The fear is suffered commonly due to having nightmares or dreams affecting their normal lives.

********************************

To be continued...