*2

As their parents talk they both sit silently. From the moment her mother warns her she stops gawking at him. Now the most interesting thing she does is playing with the edge of her saree. All the while she can sense his gaze on her. How much he wants to look at her from nowhere all of a sudden he is feeling shy.

'You crossed 30 and still you feel shy. Look at her... How daringly she looks at you in front of everyone.' his brain mocks him. Still he didn't dare to look at her directly... Maybe not in front of everyone and she keeps on sneaking looks his way but every time she get caught by him.

Uma knew how much Lohitha waited for this to happen. How much she is desperately waiting to talk to Prathik. "Lolo, take Prathik to your room," the moment Uma says Lohitha gives her a serious look as her mother calls her by her nickname in front of everyone, especially Prathik making Uma chuckle a little and roll her eyes.

He chuckles looking at her angry face which he finds cute. 'You look like a cute kitten when you are angry' is how much he wants to comment but something in gut stops him from doing so.

As she stands up to lead him to her room. 'Am I ready for this marriage? What will happen if she gets to know about my past and health issues? Will she too leave me just like HER?' Though many things run in his brain the moment his gaze falls on her back his throat becomes dry.

Unintentionally his gaze is fixed on her back where he finds it attractive while she is walking. Though she is much petite to him, her slim figure attracts him, making all his thoughts fly away from his mind.

He feels bad when she turns to him as they reach her room. How much he wants to stare at her back. Until now he never knew that he would be fetishized on someone's back. Chuckling at himself he leans his back on her dressing table where she sits on her bed leisurely.

"Why are you smiling?" she questions making him gulp nodding his as in nothing. Walking towards him "Why are you so nervous?" she questions standing extremely near to him making his body go all sweaty. Clearing his throat he lifts his lashes to look into her eyes where she stands elegantly with a smile on her lips.

That moment he sees her clearly without any nervousness or any fears. His bachelor heart starts to melt looking at her. Unknowingly he feels peace just looking at her face. All his thoughts washes away from his brain. He is mesmerised by her beauty. She has big eyes, luscious lips, and a slender neck.

He starts checking her from top to bottom, making her bite her lip. How much she wanted this moment to happen. The moment his eyes fall on her cleavage. 'Man, she has a perfect pair.' he grins when the thought pops in. 'You pervert, just shut up your fucking thoughts,' his heart mocks.

All the while she is looking at him mesmerizingly. To clear his thoughts, he turns his gaze away from her and finds her room is small yet looks very pretty with a swing and many toys placed neatly on the shelves.

There he finds a baby girl's pic on the wall. Where the baby has a toy in her mouth making him smile. Clearing throat to get his attention he looks at her and this time he didn't avert his gaze or lower his head.

"Is this you?" he points to the baby picture. "Yes." her face flushes due to embarrassment. Making her look cute and hot at the same time to him.

"Your dad told us that it was you who asked them to get married to me. Also, they said that you are in love with me?" he asks slowly

"Yes...I first saw you when I was in 12th class. You were beating someone up "cause he teased a girl," she says looking at him while an unknown feeling creeps all over his body.

"Yes, I remember you. You wore a pink plazo suit that day." he. suddenly realises that he slipped his tongue. Where she looks at me with wide eyes out of shock.

"You know what? I know you love me. I know you used to follow me back then. But I thought you were so young and your feelings were just infatuation. But when I saw your pic this morning and after your father's explanation, I now know that you are really in love with me," he says, slightly blushing.

She blinks, nodding her head "Umm... I..." He fumbles with his words. "What's it?" She questions.  "What made you love me? You don't even know me-" he questions with sadness creeping over making him think of his life.

She looks at him for few seconds and chuckles "Who said I don't know about you?". She says making him confuse. In no time she reaches and drags him by his collar and smashes her lips over his making him gasp out of shock.

Their bodies collide with each other. She is in shock too. But her heart wants it. All the love she had for him. She wants to let him know how much she loves him. It is their first kiss for both of them. Though they both struggle he lifts her face angling in such a way so they can kiss properly.

Their lips are magically moving against each other and he cages her waist protectively. He is still feels like a dream. This is what he always wanted. Her being in his arms. Suddenly his phone starts to vibrate in his pocket, but he doesn't want to pay it any attention. But the phone vibrates once again.

He just wants to kill the person for spoiling the moment.

But he is helpless. He has to take up the call. As it might be anyone from his office to let him know about details of clues of the cases they are up to. Half-heartedly they parted their ways. They rest their foreheads on each other while panting hard.

They slowly open their eyes and adore each other. "I'm sorry I didn't let you know my feelings." he whispers while caressing her cheek with his thumb. "I love you" she says, making him kiss her forehead passionately.

Again his phone vibrates. This is the third time it's vibrating, making him a little pissed off and groans in frustration.

Breaking the kiss panting hard he, without looking at the phone screen, lifts the phone.

"Hello," he says with irritation.

"Hello, Prathik, it's me, Dhanush. What happened, are you ok?"

The moment he hears Dhanush's voice, Prathik composes himself. Taking a long deep breath "Yes sir I'm fine."

"Okay, then come to the office in twenty minutes." Dhanush concludes

"Okay, sir. I'll be there."

With that, Prathik hangs up the call and turns towards Lohitha where she is still panting with a tint of blush on her face. Moving towards her

"You sure you want to marry me?" he questions caressing her cheek. She looks at him with irritatingly and hits his arm "Are you mad or what? Are you asking me this question now?" she says gritting her teeth making him chuckle. "The question is do you want to?" she questions raising her brows. Looking at her an unknown emotion creeps over him making him kiss her forehead lovingly for moments. "Wish I could take you home with me..." he says controlling his tears making her blush a little.

"But I need to leave now. It's urgent. I'm sorry," he says with a sad face. "No, don't say sorry. I understand you have a job," she says with a smile on her face. As they both smile at each other one last time his gaze falls on the couple of portraits attached to the wall.

"Isn't that Niyati, the girl who died in an accident a few months back?" he asks, knitting his brows. Her eyes start to well with tears.

"She was my best friend," she says. Tears down her cheeks as he mentions her friend's name.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He says consoling her. After a few moments "Will meet you later... Bye" he says.

********************************

To be continued...