9- if

"in my heart, time has stopped
i'm a fool who only thinks about you
i can't do anything without you"

-sign

minha pov

it has been 2 weeks since i've seen hyunsuk. and it's the day of my marriage to him now.

i looked at myself in the mirror. the make up, the gown, the accessories, i wanted to take them off right now. they were so uncomfortable.

you know how weddings were supposed to be happy, supposed to make you excited. it's supposed to be an event you would never forget for the rest of your life, supposed to be the best day of your life...

now, it was the worst day of my life.

"min, did you hear me?" i got snapped out of my thoughts.

"sorry, could you repeat it again?

sua had a big smile on her face, "get ready! it's starting soon!"

sua was beautiful in her simple purple dress. her smile was the prettiest and was probably the best friend any one could have. but she didn't know all this was under a contract, only our families knew.

i stepped out of the room and waited outside the door.

"byunggon ah... what are you doing here?"

"hey. my baby sister looks so good," he grinned.
"of course i'm here in place of dad."

"ahh..." i sniffled.

"hey hey hey. don't cry. i've always been your dad for the past few years right. we still have 7 minutes. just tell me whatever you've wanted to tell dad, okay?" byunggon wiped the tears off.

"pa, why did you leave me. i missed you so much. i wanted you to be there on the day of my marriage. i wanted you to raise me up for those few years. why did you leave me just like that. can you come back?" more tears started streaming down my cheek while I said that.

"min, don't cry... you must be the most beautiful girl today," byunggon said while wiping my cheeks.

he pulled me in for a hug,"dad wouldn't want you to cry on your wedding day. promise that you won't cry."

i nodded my head but the tears wouldn't stop.
byunggon pointed his index finger in the middle of my eyes and went in circles. It suddenly stopped and he said,"smile!" this trick always works.

"see, you've stopped crying already. don't ruin the make up okay. we'll walk into the wedding hall confidently and leave without regrets."

i nodded my head and wiped the tears away.

"are you ready?"

my hand clang onto byunggon arm,"let's go gon."

-

''left. right. left. right...''

byunggon's words kept ringing in my head.
''this is your wedding. we'll walk down that hall with confidence. follow my steps.''

once i reached the podium where hyunsuk stood, byunggon took hyunsuk hand, "hyunsuk, i trust you with my sister okay.

hyunsuk slowly lifted off the veil off my head but i couldn't lift up my head to face him at all. he held onto my hand, "just trust me for today."

it was the hyunsuk who took care of me in the hospital. after a thousand words of vows, the priest said "i hereby pronounce you husband and wife."

ok, this is finally over.

''you may now kiss.''

shit it's not like we haven't done this before right. wait no, we haven't, he told me to forget about everything.

hyunsuk then initiated the connection. i missed those lips, it wasn't like i was desperate, i just felt safe with him, as if i knew him for a long time. 

'trust me... i'm here,' it was as if I could hear him say that through telepathy.

hyunsuk pov

i'm going to make everything right today. after thinking about it for 2 weeks, i decided that i should just tell minha everything, if not she will continue regretting this marriage... 

lee minha, you really dont know how much i missed you. please know that i did everything for your own good. 

jihoon pov

park jihoon, you don't like minha already. she's just a best friend, she always belonged to hyunsuk, it has been like this for the past 10 years.

just let her go, don't be a pussy, get your ass into the wedding hall right now,
freaking accept that they are married.

but it's just fake,
it's an arranged marriage, she may not like hyunsuk.
fuck jihoon. you are more mature than this, don't do this kind of shit to your brother. 

heck hyunsuk is really one lucky guy.

BANG!

what the heck just happened.