Chapter 11: Dinner

I was helping Rosalie in the kitchen. Ella was helping Scott with the ingredients while Julien sat in the corner of the kitchen, on the floor and stared at us. We were nearly done so mom walked in the kitchen and stared at our clothes to see if we dirtied ourselves. When she saw that we were good, she motioned us to go to the dining room.

"The guests are already here. Where's is Julien?" she asked with a frown. Ella pointed to the floor. Julien was already smiling sheepishly when my mom turned her head to look at him. She chuckled then shook her head. "What am I going to do with you?" she mumbled to herself mostly before walking out of the kitchen. I helped my best friend off the floor while Ella walked away, without waiting for us.

"Who are the guests?" Julien asked. I shrugged.

"I only know that Hades is going to be here" I told him, a smile quickly forming on my face. Julien stared at me, a grin on his face. "What?" I asked while sighing.

"You have that weird smile and you look like a creep" He told me as if he didn't just insult me. I playfully glared at him then push me to the door. "Oh! So eager to meet Hades Reigns, aren't you?" he teased making me punch his arm.

"Who's eager to meet me?" Julien's eyes widened while my jaws dropped open. We both turned to look at Hades who was looking at us with a questioning frown on his face. I punched Julien again. My best friends were so annoying.

"Luna" Julien said with a pride smirk, thinking that I would be all shy and embarrassed.

"We already ate lunch together. why are you so eager to meet me?" Hades asked with confusion.

"Lunch? She never said something about lunch" Julien muttered to himself, then turned to glare at me. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell them I had lunch with Hades.

"Walk Julien" I ordered while pushing him to the corridor. He scratched the back of his neck as he walked in front of us. Hades simply rose an eyebrow in confusion. We didn't walk. We waited for Julien to be gone.

I don't know why.

"Your mother sent me to call you" Hades told me. His voice was so deep and sexy. I started walking down the corridor after nodding to him. I didn't know how to talk without being breathless. What the hell was happening to me? When Hades chuckled behind me, I stopped walking and turned around to look at him. "I do affect you a lot" he said, a smirk on his lips.

Woah. Where the hell does that come from?

"I preferred when you talked less" I mumbled playfully before resuming my walk to the dining room.

"You didn't deny" Hades stated while squinting his eyes suspiciously, making me shrug.

"Yes, you do affect me. In fact, you affect the whole female population" I told him as we reached the door of the dining room. He stared at me. His face was emotionless but I could see the surprise in his eyes. He wasn't expecting me to actually agree with him.

Why should I lie?

"I told you, some honest people is what you need in your life" I added with a grin.

"Are you going to stay there or are you going to walk in?" my mother asked. I didn't wait for Hades to talk. I simply walked in the dining room. I knew that he was behind me. He was close. Really close. I frowned when I realized that there was only Jace, Ella, Julien and mom sitting

"Where are the guests?" I asked.

"Behind you" Mom said.

What?

"It was going to be a dinner between just the three of us" Mom said motioning to me, Hades and herself. "But then I realized that your friends will have to get to know Hades as he'll be around for quite a long time" she continued. I walked to me seat which happened to be just next to Hades. I noticed that he had his emotionless face plastered again.

"How long?" we all turned to look at Jace. He was the one who asked that question.

Why?

"As long as it takes" Surprisingly, Hades was the one who answered that. I nodded in agreement. I didn't mind the whole rumor thing now. Hades seemed to be cool. I didn't know why he had to put the all emotionless act on though.

The dinner went well. Hades was rather distant. The most he spoke this night, was mostly with me in the corridor. I felt like when it came to socializing, he wasn't that good. Ella and Julien were already gone. We decided to cancel the night out as we were already full and tired. Hades was actually talking with my mother on the front porch and here too, they were talking about business investments. Jace stood next to me with his hands in his pocket.

"So now you're fine with the whole rumor thing" Jace asked, a frown on his face. I nodded.

"Hades is actually really cool" I told him.

"He barely talked" Jace pointed out after scoffing. I turned to glare at him.

"He talked to me" I said.

"I don't like this whole rumor thing" he said, making me scoff.

"It doesn't concern you, Jace" I muttered then turned to look at my mom and Hades. Hades was already looking at me. He seemed to have noticed my exchange with Jace. He motioned me to come to him. My mother turned to look at me, then she winked before walking away.

Really, mom?

"I'm going home" Jace grumbled before walking away. Hades moved a little bit to let Jace pass. I didn't know what was wrong with him. As I approached Hades, I noticed that he had his phone out. He gave it to me.

"Put your number in it" He ordered.