Chapter 2: Hades

"I left you only for five minutes and when I found you, your hair is a mess and you're bare feet" my mom said from the balcony. I offered her a sheepish smile. Just as she was about to scold me again, she turned her head to the left and noticed that we were not alone.

"Mrs Jenkins" the man greeted my mom as he joined her on the balcony. He seemed to never smile.

"Mr Reigns" my mom greeted back, wearing the biggest smile ever. Seems like my mother knew that man. Mr Reigns simply nodded and walked back in the mansion, leaving my mom and I only outside. I walked up the stairs and joined my mom who had the biggest smile ever.

"Who was that?" I asked curiously.

"That was Stella's nephew" my mom said as she pushed my heels in my direction. "He's most probably the richest man in the mansion right now" she continued. Really? "Also the youngest" she added.

"What's his age?" I asked. This man has really intrigued me. I felt like I needed to know more.

"Twenty seven" mom told me. He seemed so young though. "He's too old for you" she added, making me turn to look at her in surprise.

"What?" I questioned in confusion.

"I saw that little spark in your eyes" my mom said. "That's what happens when you're interested with something... Or someone" She said, making me roll my eyes. She knew me too well.

"I'm not interested in him. I don't even know him" I argued as I put on my heels. "We're not going back in" I changed the topic. Yeah, Mr Reigns has sparked my interest. But was I going to see him again? The probability is really minimal.

"We have to go back in to get to the front door" my mom huffed.

"Isn't there some back door?" I asked while looking around. No. Apparently, there was no back door. My bad.

"Why are you so afraid of people?" Mom asked while shaking her head. I turned to look at her, then rolled my eyes. "Stop rolling your eyes at me. That's disrespectful" she scolded.

"I'm not afraid of people, I just don't like being surrounded by rich snobby people" I retorted.

"Not all of them are snobby. I mean, look at you!" my mother mumbled sarcastically. I turned around, my hand on the door, ready to slide open the door. I rolled my eyes. "You rolled your eyes again" she pointed out. How the hell did she know that? I slide open the door and walked in the corridor to see Mr Reigns leaning against the wall. He was talking with an old man. He turned his head to look at me. Again, no smile. He seemed so mysterious and arrogant. Mystery was always something that attracted me. His eyes didn't leave mine at all. It was as if he was trying to figure me out. "Walk, Luna" my mom pressed as she by passed me. I followed her, breaking the eye contact with the intriguing man.

There was something that attracted me to him. It was not even his good looks. It was something else. I was having a hard time trying to figure out what.

"You're leaving already?" I heard someone asked from behind me. Mom and I stopped walking and turned to look at Stella. Mr Reigns were now standing behind her. He seemed like he didn't want to be here.

"Oh yes, Luna is having a headache" my mother lied smoothly. Stella frowned in concern and took my hand in hers.

"Do you want to rest in one of the guest rooms?" she asked. I quickly shook my head. I was feeling nervous because of the intense stare of Mr Reigns.

"No. I'll prefer going home and sleep a little bit" I said, my eyes drifting to Mr Reigns. Stella smiled then turned slightly to look at his nephew.

"Oh I forgot to introduce you to my nephew, Hades Reigns" she said. Oh Hades. Suits him. He placed his hand in front of me.

"Luna Jenkins" I said as I shook his hand. His hand was so smooth. His hard grip showed that he had confident in him. He radiated a powerful aura around him.

"Nice to meet you" he said with his deep voice, making me melt. I bit my lower lip as I nodded. He shouldn't be seeing the effect that he was having on me. I watched as he slowly licked his lower lip. What?

"Likewise" I said, controlling my voice. There was a sort of tension.

Sexual tension.

"We need to go" my mother said from next to me. I smiled at Stella and Hades.

"See you some other day" Stella said. I nodded and started walking away with mom. Only when I was out of the eyesight of Hades, was I able to breathe properly.

"He's too old for you" my mother said again from next to me. I turned to look at her in disbelief. Soon, we got in our car.

"I don't even know the man. I'm not interested in him" I said again. My mother scoffed. I could see playfulness shimmering in her eyes.

"The Sexual tension over there was suffocating" she commented. Oh. She felt it too.

"There was no tension at all" I mumbled. Mom laughed and started driving.

"I gotta say that Hades is a fine sight to any human eyes" my mother said. I nodded in agreement. "No one can actually figure him out. Not even Stella" she continued.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He is really intimidating and according to Stella, he opens up to only his cousin, Jason" my mother said.

"Jason as in Stella's son?" I asked, making her nod. Ah Jason. That guy was such a flirt. I haven't seen him at all today.

"I've never seen him smile" my mother said suddenly. She never did? So Hades was not the smiling type of person?

I have a feeling that I was going to have that guy on my mind for a long time.