Chapter 7: Unexpected

"So you accepted?" Ella asked. I nodded. We were sitting at the table for lunch. Julien didn't seem to adore the idea of me faking this whole rumor thing with Hades as he was shaking his head.

"You're sure you took the right decision?" Julien asked. "I mean, you do realize that you'll have to spend time with him, right? He's kinda violent so, you have to be careful" Oh shit. I haven't actually thought about that.

"By the look on her face, I'd say that she hasn't thought about it" Angie said. I sighed and nodded.

"It can't be that bad" I mumbled to myself.

"It's not bad at all! " Ella exclaimed. "There are so many girls who would love to be in your shoes right now" my best friend said while fanning herself. "Me on top of the list" she continued. I turned to look at her. I suddenly remembered something.

"How was your date with Ajay?" I asked. Angie, Jace and Julien all turned their attentions to her. Ella stopped fanning herself and blinked several times before settling her eyes on me.

"Honestly" she started hesitantly. "It was good" she said. "It was really good. I thought it was going to be boring but it was not" She said. I stared at her, trying to understand whether she was sincere or not. Surprisingly, she did appear to be. "So I accepted to go on another date with him" she said proudly. I smiled. In fact, everyone smiled except Julien.

"You're not doing that only for the money, right?" he asked, making Ella turn to punch him.

"You deserved that" Angie told Julien.

"You make me feel like a gold digger" Ella pouted.

"Because that's how you act at times" I told her. Everyone nodded. Even Angie.

"I acted. That's how I acted" Ella corrected. "Now I'm a new Ella" she said while wiggling her eyebrows. "A better, sexier and smarter version of myself" she told us while twirling on herself. We chuckled while shaking our heads.

"Well, that's a good thing" Julien said, sounding unsure. "We gotta go to class" he continued. I noticed that Julien was uncomfortable. Maybe it was because of the fact that Ella was willing to change because of Ajay. Something that she wasn't willing to do when she was dating Julien.

"I got no more class. So I'll be heading home" I told them. We all stood up and started making our way to the main door. They usually drop me to my car before heading to their classes.

"Angie! Come on!" a girl shouted from the corridor. Angie turned to look at us, as if asking if it was okay for her to go. We all nodded and watched as she walked away.

"Come on" Jace said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Everytime when Angie wouldn't be here, then he would stay close to me. Before they would start dating, Jace would behave like this. He would hug me. He would kiss me occasionally on my forehead. When he started dating Angie, everything stopped, which I completely understood. But he still does those things when Angie was not around. I shook my head, not wanting to debate on that furthermore.

"Oh my fucking lord!" I heard Ella gasp. I turned my attention to her. In fact, every one's attention was on her. She was staring at someone in front. I followed her eyes and my jaws dropped open when I saw Hades Reigns leaning against a freaking McLaren. He was wearing a black suit and we could still distinct the tattoos that he had under the sleeves. My mouth went dry. Now I understood why Ella had such a fascination for me. My hands unconsciously touched my mouth to see whether I was drooling or not. "Oh my fucking lord!" Ella repeated.

"We got it!" Julien exclaimed as he blocked his ears from Ella's piercing voice. Hades rose his head from his phone. I froze when his green eyes met mine.

What was he doing here?

"What is he doing here?" Jace voiced out my thought. On cue, Hades motioned me to come over with a move of his head. I blinked.

"Did you see that?" Ella questioned dreamily. "Did he just ask me to come over?" With that, Julien laughed and playfully hit her arm.

"That was for Luna" Julien told her. I reluctantly walked towards him. I could hear steps behind me. I knew that my best friends were following me. Of course, they'd follow. I pushed Jace's arm off my shoulder and watched as he turned to glare at me.

"Guys. Stop following me" I mumbled loud enough for them to hear.

"We are your best friends!" Ella said. I decided not to answer. I knew that they were stubborn and creeping on people were their passion. When I reached Hades, I offered him a smile. It soon disappeared when I received none.

"What are you doing here?" I asked politely.

"I'm supposed to pick you up and drop you home" Hades responded, his eyes not leaving mine. I knew that it was only to spark the rumor.

"Hello, I'm Ella!" I heard my best friend exclaimed from beside me. I rolled my lips in my mouth and decided not to react. Hades' eyes switched from me to Ella. He placed his hands in front of Ella.

"Hades Reigns" he introduced himself as he shook her hand. Ella seemed like she was about to faint.

"And that's Jace, you met him yesterday and Julien" I said, motioning to my two other best friends. Hades shook their hands, giving them a curt nod. Even though he was not smiling, he was still polite to them.

"We need to go" Hades told me. I turned and handed my keys to Jace. The latter's eyes sparkled when he saw my keys twinkling in front of him.

"You're taking my car back home" I said. He nodded happily and before all my friends left, they all hugged me. Ella seemed to be frozen on the Sexy man standing in front of me.

"Let's go!" Julien snapped, wrapping his hands around her waist, pulling her away, making me chuckle.