Chapter 175: Achroous (EP. 06)

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐱 - 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞,
𝐈𝐬 𝐌𝐲 𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐓𝐨𝐨.

╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

The shores can get lonely sometimes.

Despite the company of the thrashing briny tides that always aimed to kiss the shoreline, the peeking rays of the sun to seperate ways through the spacious gaps between the leaves of palm trees, or the sound of the sea crashing against the copious bleaky sand, he would always exhale a melancholic sigh to signify how lonesome he felt.

So he hopelessly just sat, under the cool shade of an aging but healthy palm tree, a finger drawing lazy marks on the trodden sand beside him caused by his bare footsteps.

Half lidded eyes watched the miniscule grains of sand drift away by the persuasive authority of the breeze, only the skin of his hand remained when every spec of brown dust abandoned the palm of his hands.

Hugging his knees in boredom, Aiden watched as an albatross made his way around mid air, his back slumping sluggishly on the tree's trunk. Sadly enough, the bird seemed to have already left from his view.

Tears welled at the corner of his emerald eyes, and his dark locks sank between his folded thighs once he didn't even fought the urge to weep in despair. Regardless of the stable yet high degrees of heat that surrounded him, deep inside, everything felt... Cold.

What a fool he is.

He realized just now, he's lost.

He knew he had a home before... he just didn't know where.

He have travelled through different places, desperate to find one that would make him feel like he's truly home. He almost took the first one to his liking, yet the rain couldn't stop. The garden in winter made him feel like he's in a cage made of thorns.

And this island only made him feel worse. What an uncanny sight, a well built man weeping silently with his toes buried beneath little piles of sand.

Disheartened sobs of irritation escaped his mouth, and his head sagged deeper into the damp fabric of his fitted slacks. Every nerve of his body is electrified in fear. Fear that, this so called former home of his never existed.

"Hello!"

His woeful cries ended briskly there when the blissful echo of a woman's voice hushed his distressed noises. The precipitant sensation of happiness squeezed his chest, but of course he didn't mind.

Because he'd rather drink in the breathtaking sight of the angel right in front of him, extending out an offered hand as her blue eyes that nearly matched the scenery before her stared into his soul ever so intently.

Gorgeously dressed in white, platinum blonde hair that reminded him of snow fixed in an elaborate braid, skin so pale yet so soft; he could gaze at her forever.

"May I have this dance?"

Her question is obviously too out of the blue, but never did it appear inopportune to him, strangely.

There were oceans of questions pouring into his head, most relating to where she even came from just like her invitation. Grinning slyly, he took her hand without further hesitation, allowing her to pull him up to his bootless feet.

"You may."

Cherry red lips curved into a smile as she noted of his willful acceptance. Her hand glided upwards and met his now dry cheek. She caressed and cupped it, leaning closer so she could bump her nose next to his.