2| Define Mercy

"I heard you made a scene again, you really gotta stop leaving that much evidence behind, Izuku." Chizome lectured, grabbing a plate.

"Whatever, those guys had it coming," I say as I take a bite from my food, mouth full, I continue, "I was onto them for weeks, plus they deserved it."

"I didn't say they didn't deserve it, I said don't make a scene and don't talk when you're eating, I thought you were better than that."

"Yeah yeah, hey you think we could take down that new villain group?" I asked, I have been after that group calling themselves the league of villains for a year.

They're really underground and no one is willing to talk even with some torturing, people are boring yet it's surprising how loyal they are towards the people who would literally kill them mercilessly.

"No." He replied and sat down, "Don't even think about it." I sighed, he was being overprotective from time to time.

You see, I have been living with the hero killer since the day I ran into him. Apparently, we have the same ideals how interesting was that.

He trained me and thought me things, has been taking care of me since the day my dad died. Oh one more thing, for the rest of the world, I don't even exist, hilarious don't you think?

_____

F l a s h b a c k
_____

"Izuku Midoriya has gone missing for the past two weeks, he was last seen at the local police station, after his father, Hisashi Midoriya's death."

I was all over the news channels, I had seen missing posters all over, and now I was watching the news and looking at myself on TV.

"The authorities believe that the genius scientist was murdered by villains for an unknown reason after his kidnapping." The woman on TV said as I sat alone on my own at my new friend's place.

"If you see this boy call the police or report to a pro hero nearby-"

I turned off the TV and got up from the couch I was sitting on. Stain- Chizome was out getting some groceries, he lived in a five-story apartment building that was abandoned.

Don't confuse it with a rotten place no, it was a nice place like minimalistic type, the reason it was abandoned was because of its current location.

I didn't really wander around, Chizome gave me a place to stay and told me he could teach me how to become a true hero.

I gladly accepted it, if I were to go back then I would be put on foster care, you see, I obviously didn't want that.

"I'm back." The door opened, revealing the vigilante carrying a bunch of plastic bags filled with junk food and other stuff.

I rushed over to him to help, "Let me help you with that." I said and grabbed a bag, he smiled at me, not something you see every day.

"Thanks, kid. How was your day?" He asked and we placed the stuff he bought in their places, "It was... nice and quiet, I didn't do anything really." I replied.

"They're still looking for me, I wish they didn't... I don't want to be found, there's no one else left in my family and- I want to stay here and learn how to be a true hero from you."

"As long as they don't spot you anywhere for a while, you'll be fine kid. I would hand you over to them but I have to respect your decision and you do have a strong will, wouldn't want you to waste your life."

_____

A couple of months passed and the police had stopped searching for me, they pronounced me dead, and just like that, I was erased from this world.