L. schön rosmarin by Fritz Kreisler

Brett Yang was recently dumped by a now ex-lover. He goes outside for the first time in a while and meets a lovely Eddy Chen.

warnings: expletives, angst at first but cute ending

Brett's POV

On the end of the table, there is a cup of coffee.

Somehow, it reminds me of him. The color of his skin reminds me of coffee. A sand beige that shade that I simply cannot resist touching. The warmth reminds me of his hugs. It's the kind of warmth that's starts from my stomach and spreads throughout my body. The taste reminds me of his lips. His lips are sweet, almost sickeningly so. Everything was like a cup of hot coffee with cream and sugar, it was brown and sweet. It was perfect.

In time, like every cup of coffee, it turns cold. It turns bitter and the sweetness ultimately disappears; just like him. That cup of coffee changed, just like him. After six months, he's still that cup of coffee but he had gone cold. He left me like that cup of coffee, cold, dark and bitter. I should've known that he was not meant for me. I don't love my coffee religiously.

I used to refuse the fact that he was coffee because I don't love it that much. I know that I can't say that I didn't love him that much, but after seeing your similarities with it, I don't know why I gave it a try. It's pathetic how I thought he could love me.

That doesn't mean that he didn't break me, though. I refused to go out unless I really needed too. I spent three months at my own head, brooding. I spent three months reminiscing our past. I kept remembering his almond shaped eyes. Somehow, I still make a pot of coffee every morning. In the hopes that he'll return to me that very morning. He never did, so I just gave up.

I left the apartment and went to a coffee shop that sells bubble tea. Yes, I went to a coffee shop to try to forget him. Although, it worked. As I entered the coffee shop, I'm met by a friendly barista. He's too friendly for me to trust but I did anyway.

I ordered bubble tea exactly how I liked it. Oolong tea with extra bubbles and quarter sugar. I felt as though I needed the sweetness after months of bitterness. I can't wait to relish the sweetness and the bubbles. I'm in the mood for sweetness that time.

The coffee shop had a lot of people in it. I sat at the very corner of the coffee shop. I was brooding again, only this time, I was brooding with a book. The book was entitled Tchaikovsky Through Other's Eyes. I always found Tchaikovsky's life interesting and it helps me contemplate on how lucky I am to be living at this generation.

A tall, Asian guy approached me and asked me if he could sit with me. I don't know what came over me but I accepted your presence that time. I probably said that yes because it was a small town and new voices were the best music in my ears. He talked to me and for the first time, I set my book down. I asked him what he got.

He said that what he got matcha milk tea with extra bubbles and half sugar. It was close to what I ordered and I was astonished. He talked to me more and I liked him so much. Sometimes, I still can't believe that I forgot you in a coffee shop.

His name was Eddy and he's beautiful. The way he talks when he's passionate about something is just something else. Maybe I'm just biased because he's also a musician like me and you never got it. He also told me about how he played the violin and he was honest about how he got in that coffee shop.

I really didn't want to believe in destiny but he said that he got there because he needed to forget an ex. I told him about you and he told me about her. He was also honest about how he approached me because I was reading a book he just finished. I'm still astonished because he claimed that he played the violin.

We never really noticed how the time passed by, so what he did was ask me to walk around the nearby park with him. There's something strong about him that kept me close to him. He just seemed nice and he balanced me out so well. He was an introvert thinker and I'm an extrovert feeler. I never knew that we were a good match.

It went well for there. I forgot about you and he forgot about her. We have been dating for a few years now and we're about to get married soon. I'm even inviting you to the wedding.

Wherever you are, I just hope that it worked out well for you the same way it did with me. Thank you for loving me.