XV. seven sonnets of michaelangelo, op. 22 by Benjamin Britten

Writer and violinist Eddy Chen has been feeling like his works, both musically and literature wise, was feeling empty. In order to fix this, he goes to a ball and looks for a muse. In the sea of beautiful women and dashing men, the one who caught his eye is a man that was on the balcony outside, looking at the stars and the moon. That was the night that Eddy Chen just can't stop writing about Brett Yang. Artist!Eddy and Muse!Brett au.

warnings: fluff, just pure fluff

Third Person POV

Eddy Chen paces around the room of his study. Frustration evident in his face as there were multiple papers and music composition sheets around him. He pulls his hair out of frustration, feeling like this lack of inspiration will make him bald by the time the week is over. He simply cannot write anything that was at least decent.

He has to do something about it. He knows that he will suffer if he doesn't.

Then he remembered, a few months ago he was invited to a ball. He never really considered going because he'd rather write or practice. Since he can't do both due to a lack of muse, he will actually go. He might find a muse that will lift him up from his writer's block. Maybe he'll even leave with another's hand on his and years of inspiration.

He double-checked the invitation and saw that it's for tonight. He decided to open his closet and get the best formal clothes he has.

Hey, if he was going to look for a muse, he wants to look the best he can.

So, he did end up leaving his house in the best suit he owns and is ready to find a muse.

- - - - - - - - - -

As he entered the ball room, he was surprised to find a sea of beautiful women and dashing men. Eddy didn't really have a preferred gender when it comes to love or muses. He just believes that everything is just natural and it just pulls him in, like gravity.

He saw a woman about his age and approached her. He didn't know why he did so, but it seemed like a good start for conversations.

"Hi. Good evening, I'm Edward. May I have this dance, madame?" He asked as he brought his hand out to her.

"Oh, please, just called me Jennifer." She responded as she grabbed his hand, leading them to the dance floor.

The mini orchestra was playing a waltz. Shostakovich's Waltz no. 2 in fact. Eddy opened his right palm for the lovely lady and put his left hand on the middle of her back. She followed suit, left palm holding Eddy's and her right hand on his shoulder. Her right arm was supported by Eddy's left arm.

They started the waltz by the traditional box step. After a few rounds, Eddy twirled her around.

"What bring a lovely maiden like you in this ball?" Eddy asked, still continuing to dance with her.

"My mom said it would be good for me. Especially since she thinks I should be married now. I don't have the heart to tell her that I'm in love with my childhood best friend." She said as she smiled at him.

"Why not marry that best friend of yours, then?" Eddy asked.

"I can't exactly marry a woman, Mr. Edward." She said sadly.

"That doesn't mean you can't love women, though." Eddy said before he twirled her around gently.

"What do you mean, Mr?" Jennifer asked.

"Love is never wrong. It comes naturally, like the pull of gravity beneath us. It's also not a choice. You're free to love anyone in anytime, really." Eddy said as the song ended.