LXIX. violin concerto in a minor by Alexander Glazunov

Sometimes, the cliche and simple things seem more tasteful than a unique and complicated one. Brett Yang had booked a room with two beds only to find that the hotel had mixed it up. Too tired to argue, Eddy Chen just let it be. It was going to be a good night ahead of them. Well, good nights as it becomes a regular thing.

warnings: expletives, sweet and soft fluff and angst

Third Person POV

Brett sighed as they both dragged their suitcases on the hotel hallway. The entire thing was a mishap but Eddy was too tired to argue. He just wanted to sleep while Brett was pretty nervous. Sure, they've shared a bed before. They were younger, though.

It's different if these things happened when you're in love. It wasn't exactly a hopeless case for Brett Yang. Eddy said that he wasn't against the idea of being with Brett, but he needed more time. He went through a break up and needed time to completely get over it. He didn't need Brett to feel like a rebound, so he wanted to make sure of it.

Brett let Eddy go in the bathroom to change and do whatever he needed in order to go to bed. Once Eddy was finished, Brett took his time in the bathroom. He wanted to let Eddy sleep first before coming out. It'll make everything easier than having Eddy awake. Brett just didn't want Eddy to be too aware of his heartbeat.

He quietly went out and to his surprise, he found Eddy still using his phone. Brett really wished he didn't wear his glasses because he saw Eddy staring at a picture of him and his ex. Brett didn't mind waiting for Eddy. He was just glad that Eddy was still as honest now than when they were friends.

Brett doesn't really know what they are now, but he'll just assume that they're still best friends. Maybe he's the only one thinking of complicating it. It was good this way too. He still know where he stands and what the boundaries were. He was stepping exactly at the line, not behind it nor crossing it. Just waiting if he moves backward or forward.

"Brett? Come here, I'm sleepy already." Eddy said, setting his phone down his own side as he lied down under the blanket.

"You didn't have to wait. You should've just slept." Brett said, sitting down on the bed in order to settle under the blankets too.

"I know, but I wouldn't want you to see me drooling or my mouth open or whatever." Eddy said, facing away from Brett.

"You say that as if I haven't seen you slept in flights or other hotel rooms." Brett replied, laughing as he faced away.

This was really tempting. Brett wanted to reach across the field of sheets and empty spaces. He wanted to hold Eddy close and smell him, feel him and his warmth near his own body. It was so goddamn tempting but he needs to stop himself. Wanting never brought him anything good, so he should focus on what he needs.

What Brett needs is to calm his heart down. He needs to get rid of the temptation. He needs to not want Eddy like that. He needs to wait. That's it, Brett needs to wait.

He closed his eyes and tried to sleep. Key word, tried. It's impossible to not feel the warmth that Eddy's body radiated under their share blanket and bed. At least his heartbeat had settled back to its right tempo.

Eddy was turning too much. Not that it bothered Brett, but Brett knew something was troubling Eddy. He needed to ask so, he does.

"You okay?" Brett asked, still not facing Eddy.

"Honestly, no... I can't sleep because I'm overthinking things." Eddy stated with sincerity.

So, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Brett thought as he urged Eddy to continue.