the dragon ;;

Cyrille stood there for awhile, amazed at the size of the creature. But then she realized it was a fucking dragon, and it was probably going to kill them all.

Cyrille rode back to the house, and saw that Tauriel and Kili were staring at each other. Kili seemed to be saying something, which Tauriel was deeply focused on.

Cyrille took a deep breath. "Look, guys. Um, there's a dragon outside, in case you didn't hear the extremely loud screech it let out a few seconds ago."

The braided dwarf snapped his head up. "They did it." he whispered.

"I'm sorry, what?" Cyrille asked.

"They woke the dragon. The hobbit and my kin," he replied.

Bilbo woke the dragon, and they were probably all going to die.

Cyrille could hear the screams of the citizens outside, as the dragon, Smaug, if her information was correct, let out a huge flame.

"Come on, let's get out of here. Get on a boat."

They all got on a small rowboat and began to row, all the other citizens were doing the same.

A particularly large boat bumped past all of the others, knocking some down. People held on to the boat, begging the riders to let them in. The boat was decked with gold.

What a bitch, Cyrille thought.

The plump man who was kicking down citizens was presumably the Master of the town, since nobody else could have that much gold.

Smaug scorched more houses, killed more people. Cyrille kept rowing, and overheard the master muttering something about being choked by a rope. Soon their boat passed him.

The children introduced themselves, eldest being Sigrid and the youngest Tilda. The braided dwarf's name was Fili, brother of Kili.

Cyrille hoped Legolas was okay. She also hoped to live long enough to see Bilbo again.

"Father." Sigrid suddenly whispered. She was staring at the tower, and Cyrille saw a man standing there with a younger boy. Smaug was focused on them.

The man had an arrow pointed at the dragon, using the boy as a balancer.

A black arrow.

With her enhanced elven eyesight, Cyrille could see the wound in Smaug's chest, as dark as the void.

The man, Sigrid's father, would have to hit that mark.

Smaug stalked towards them, getting ready to strike.

The black arrow flew.

And hit its mark.

Smaug striked the tower, sending it tumbling down.

Father!" Sigrid and Tilda shrieked.

Smaug, meanwhile, was spiraling up into the clouds, screeching in agony. All the light dissipated from his body and he was sent crashing down into Laketown.

The water surged, almost submerging their boat as Smaug sank down, his dragonfire forever gone.

Cyrille couldn't believe it.

The dragon was dead, the mountain free. Thorin was once again King Under The Mountain.

She was first to yell out, a shriek of victory. The remaining citizens yelled out after her, praising the man who Shot Down the Dragon.