the dwarves ;;

Cyrille was captain of the Silvan Elves in the Elvenking's Halls. She now stood before the King himself. "Thranduil, there are Orcs not far from our borders."she said, fingering the hilt of her blade." You must send a team to eradicate them."

The King felt no need for formalities, at least with Cyrille. She called him Thranduil and him Cyrille." Cyrille, why don't you lead them yourself. Bring Tauriel and anyone else who you see fit."

"Thank you." she said, breaking into a smile.

"Ada (Father), allow me to go." The young Prince, Legolas, said. "I can fight."

"Very well," Thranduil said, not even pausing to think. "You three and two others."

Cyrille and Legolas were roughly the same age, Legolas just a few hundred years older than her. They were both close friends with Tauriel.

Cyrille walked down the halls, fetching Tauriel. When she asked, Cyrille simply answered "Orcs."

Tauriel and Legolas were used to this. Cyrille was always the tough one, and she could be really funny if she tried. She was the least uptight between the three of them. They met Legolas and the two other on the way to the gate.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yup." Cyrille answered. "Swords, bow, arrows, daggers."

Tauriel just nodded.

"Okay, then. Let's go."

The five of them went into the forest, on guard for spiders on the way. The Orcs would be farther West, towards Rivendell.

Cyrille heard a commotion to the North. "Oh. I think those are dwarves."

Tauriel looked at her incredulously. "How'd you know?"

Cyrille shrugged. "The way they move is loud, the shouts are deep, and they seemed overall unorganized."

"Should we help them?" Legolas asked.

"Well, they're dwarves. We should at least find out what they're doing so near our borders." She answered.

So they did. Cyrille stabbed a spider that was about to sting one of them, and said, "Hello. I'm your savior."

She shot down several more of them, and then pointed her sword at the dwarf that seemed to be the leader. "What business do you have in Mirkwood, dwarf?"

He sneered. "Elves." there was so much venom in him voice that Cyrille wondered if they had somehow hurt him on a personal level.

"Look, man. I just saved you. Be grateful. Or I could just kill you now." she said, eyes wide.

The Dwarf said nothing.

"Take them to the dungeons." Legolas said, in Elvish. "They will remain there until they speak." he said, switching back to common tongue, emphasizing the last word.

"Tauriel, you go with Aesar and Orym. Continue West, then return. Don't die." Cyrille joked.

The prince and the elleth began herding the dwarf pack towards the Elvenking's Halls. There were thirteen of them in total, Cyrille counted.

"You can still choose to speak, you know. In front of the King. Or you could tell me. I'm not a full elf, if that comforts you. I'm also a dwarf."

"And yet, you still choose to serve these filthy beings." the leader spat.

"Well, she began." It wasn't technically my choice to-"

" Hush, Cyrille. Stop talking to the prisoners."Legolas said.

Cyrille glared at him.

Before they put them in the dungeons, Cyrille and the guards searched them. She found and assortment of items in the blonde-ish dwarf with the braids, and he kept insisting that he was clear, except she would find a small k ice underneath his cloak or a button in his pocket. She wasn't sure those counted, so she took them anyway. "Maybe I'll give them back if you talk" she whispered to him.

Cyrille went on to search the next dwarf, and found only a bow, a quiver of arrows and a smooth stone.

"Isnt a bow an Elvish weapon?" She joked, discreetly palming back him stone. He looked at her in confusion, but she had already moved on to search a dwarf with an axe embedded in him head.

Cyrille locked each of them up, not really wanting to. She believed they didnt come into Mirkwood to do any harm, instead to seek safe passage.

Maybe all would go well.

The King, would question them the next day, and The King will decide their fates.