-/+ 0h, Part II

🕊️

Felix Icarus watched in horror as his twin brother's body flopped to the ground, the bullet piercing through his brain.

His feet stood frozen to the ground, as he watched the blood ooze out of Ryder's head. It was a gruesome sight, but what made it worse was that his twin wasn't moving.

His brother wasn't moving.

At all.

Felix watched as the life seeped out of his best friend's eyes, his mind shutting down in despair. Felix didn't know what was happening around him in the cafeteria. All he cared about was the 14-year-old boy lying dead on the concrete floor.

The same boy he had spent 14 years of his life with.

And now, he was gone.

Felix let out a sob, falling to the ground as his knees buckled underneath him. The cafeteria had gone quiet as the shooter stared at Ryder with such anger and pointed his gun to the fallen boy.

And then he shot the boy once again.

Felix couldn't breathe. His head was spinning. The ringing sound in his head, it was too much.

The murmurs, the stupid smirk on that killer's face, the cold red pool of blood around his brother. He couldn't take it.

He clenched his fists, drowning in pain. "No..." He muttered, his vision blurry as his head spun.

His brother was dead.

And he couldn't do anything about it.

It's not possible.

Ryder is not dead.

He can't be.

Felix muttered indecipherable words over and over, his voice hoarse and quiet. His eyes were glazed over, unable to get the sight of the red liquid out of his head. He could feel his brain shutting down. It was too much. Too much.

And then the next shot rang through the air.

The shooter hadn't necessarily been aiming for anyone, but he still got a victim either way.

Vanessa Carpenter.

Ryder could hear a distant shout as Xander screamed in agony for his best friend. His best friend, who was scrambled on the floor, lying in a pool of her own blood.

"Well, enough dilly-dallying, I've got an entire school to attend to. An entire stupid school, filled with stupid children and stupid adults and stupid idiots!" The shooter let out some steam, unable to hold back his rage. "Sadly, this lot ain't that fun." The man smirked, getting over his rant and calming down, "However, the younger ones should be much more interesting to deal with. Ahh, I can hear their screams already."

Xander tried hard to ignore the man's malicious claims, but his words kept ringing in his ears. At that moment, all Xander wanted was for that man to leave.

Please, let us be.

Xander fell to his knees, next to Vanessa's bloody body, his eyes brimming with tears.

Please, no more.

Spare me.

Xander couldn't help his selfish thoughts, but at that moment, with the image of Vanessa's pained eyes swarming his mind, all Xander could think of was how badly he wanted to go home. Where he was safe and sound.

Vanessa screamed, writhing in pain. Her eyes were filled with tears and her face was draining of colour. Slowly, the life faded from her body, and her soul left Earth.

Xander could feel himself shutting down. His mind unable to take in what was going on around him. The pain, it was too much.

She was gone.

There was blood everywhere.

And he just wanted to go home.

He clutched her body in despair, trying to hold onto any last strand of hope. Pr comfort.

Any will do. Please.

"Well, I'm off." Xander heard the killer mutter. But the ringing in his ear made it hard to comprehend what was happening around him.

Yes, please leave.

Vanessa's murderer stepped out of the cafeteria, unharmed with not a speck of blood on him, and cradled his armed weapon in his hand. He could sense the relief in the cafeteria as he slowly stepped out, and that only angered the man further.

Oh, it's not going to be that easy. The man scowled, annoyed that they were starting to feel relieved that he was leaving.

Then, with his back to the cafeteria, he pointed his gun back to the students in the area and gave one last random shot before stomping away.

One more victim.

A small-framed boy with round glasses.

He got shot in the leg. Not a fatal injury, but a serious one nonetheless.

He was the only one not to suffer an instant and inevitable death.

The only one, so far, who could be saved.

🕊️