Chapter 18

"You had to be back so soon." I smiled fakely. Elliott had returned from the temple after a few days. I had been warned he had returned, so I wanted to check for myself.

"Why do you have to look so unhappy when we see each other?" He pouted shaking me sweetly.

"Because when I'm away from you I forget what a burden you are and as soon as I see you again I'm reminded." I kissed my teeth.

"But your in my room so what did you expect, not see me? I only came back today and I'm trying to relax."

"Then I can just leave." I walked away.

He latched onto my arm and dragged me down to a seated position, "You can stay."

I mouthed out words before I actually spoke, "Don't touch me." I stood up with burning eyes

"Or what?" He slanted his eyes looking down on me and stood too.

I squinted my eyes back at him and stood up poking his chest, "I've had enough of you man-handling me and talking to me however you would like. Without a second thought I will behead you so don't push your luck."

His eyes shaded into a darker colour and he clenched his jaw. He placed his hand softly on my shoulder, grazing it towards my neck before squeezing it slightly. Was he crazy? Did he want to die? I slid out my knife and held it at his neck, warning him to make his next moves wisely. I could not deny with his hands at my throat didn't spark an unusal fire but the way he looked at me I had no explanation. My heart refused to slow down as the adrenaline pumped faster.

Just as sudden as it happened, his eyes transformed back to its normal shade and his expression softened, "I'm sorry, I-I lost myself a little...." He released me and distanced himself.

The knife was still in place just with no one behind it. I did not know how to absorb the events and wasn't sure how to repsond. He himself seemed suprised so what did he expect my reaction to be.

"Why did you- what was that?"

"I-I'm sorry."

"I need an answer now." I held my knife tightly.

He stayed silent for a moment, "My mum would be harsh in her parenting methods. Among a lot of other things she'd always poke my chest as a way of belitting me and grew to despise that action. Anytime she would do it, I snapped but there was little I could do against her. I guess when you poked my chest it caused that reaction because I imagined you were her." He said honestly.

As much as I wanted to still be angry that all exited and I was left with empty thoughts. His reasoning was understandable and in a way I was at fault for causing that to happen. I swallowed my pride and decided to resolve the situation.

"I'm sorry; I didn't know. I will be mindful of avoiding that action when it comes to you. If you excuse me, I'm going to go." I slid off the bed and left.

The whole sequence of events were odd and I wanted to completely remove myself from that position. I wanted to know more but that was just my curious nature. I groaned rubbing my temples at the idea of it all. One thing was for sure, I needed rest. I climbed ontop of the covers in my room and let my body fall asleep.

I woke up feeling more clueless about my feelings than before. As much as I wanted to ignore it I was attracted to Elliott; it seemed to affect me more than I'd of liked. My heart was an easy sign that I was being consumed by his charms. Even when he was shot by the arrow I felt worried for him and genuinely cared as if I'd had serious feelings for him. He was kind and courageous but at the same time was dark, mysterious and unstable.

I was not sure if I wanted to add more trouble to my plate. I moaned aloud scratching my head at my confused emotions. The sun had not yet pierced through my windows but still illuminated the room regardless.