Chapter 25

"You got it?" Hana exclaimed. Doyoung nodded.

"Yes! The balloon used was a 4mm one. If a cardio surgeon looked carefully at Jaemin's scans, he would have noticed that Jaemin's arteries are smaller than usual, meaning that he should have used a 3mm one! The size difference made Jaemin's artery rupture, and that's why he went into cardiac arrest!" Doyoung informed her.

"Oh my gosh, you did it!" Hana said, running into Doyoung's arms. She gave him a big warm hug, surprising him.

"Oof." Doyoung said as the girl's head hit his chest. He smiled as he ran his finger through her soft brown hair.

"I'm so proud of you." Hana mumbled into his body.

"What's that?" Doyoung teased. Hana smiled, looking up at him.

"I'm so-" Doyoung shut her up with a kiss. Hana's body relaxed into his as her hands moved up to his neck, tugging in the roots of his hair as she deepened the kiss. It was passionate and loving, the two of them out of breath as they slowly broke away.

"I said I'm so proud of you." Hana said as she rested her forehead against his. Doyoung's fingers traced her chin.

"I know." Doyoung said, smiling back. "There's only one thing though."

"What is it?" Hana asked him as Doyoung broke apart, picking up the papers.

"Choosing the wrong balloon isn't even a mistake. Maybe if it was only a little but a full millimetre? A cardiothoracic would never make such a huge mistake unless..." Doyoung's voice trailed off.

"Unless what?" Hana asked. Doyoung closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Unless he wanted the patient dead."

...

"Thank you so much, both of you." Jeno said as he looked at Doyoung and Hana. They smiled back.

"It's the least I can do. But you still need to find Dr. Lee." Doyoung told him and Taeyong.

"I'll be meeting with the Chairman later to discuss this case. Now that you have confirmed that this was a malpractice case, we can file the suit. There's only one problem though." Taeyong said hesistantly.

"What is it?" Hana asked. Taeyong glanced over at Jeno.

"Well since this is also a manslaughter case, we'll be sending Dr. Lee to jail. We're going to need a lot of surgeons in this hospital to come to court with us as witnesses." Taeyong informed them. Hana exchanged looks with Doyoung.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to go to court.

...

"Where's Hana? I thought she was done her surgery." Doyoung asked the resident by the nurses' station.

"Oh, Dr. Kang is done. She's probably in the neonatal ICU." Jungwoo told her.

"Where?" Doyoung asked. Jungwoo sighed.

"You know the room full of little babies in incubators." Jungwoo explained.

"Why would she be there?" Doyoung inquired. Jungwoo put his hands on his hips.

"With all due respect Dr. Kim, you should be asked her these questions. I'm just her resident, not her her lover."

Lover? "Hey, I'm not her lover!" Doyoung exclaimed as Jungwoo began walking away.

"Fifth floor!" Jungwoo yelled back, giving Doyoung a wide grin.

...

"You're a little strong one, aren't you?" Hana cooed at the little baby in her hands. His tiny eyes were closed but he was smiling back at her, his mouth wide.

Why does it feel like someone's staring at me?

Hana looked up and outside the NICU was Doyoung, arms crossed with a huge grin on his face.

"What is he doing here?" Hana muttered to herself as she placed the small baby into the incubator. She removed her gloves as she exited, meeting Doyoung outside.

"I was looking for you." Doyoung said with a small pout on his face.

"Sorry, I needed to clear my mind." Hana admitted.

"Here?" Doyoung asked. Hana nodded.

"Look, are the little babies adorable?" Hana asked as she placed her hands on the glass separating them. "With their tiny hands and feet."

"Um, aren't babies supposed to be breathing on their own?" Doyoung pointed out. Hana shot him a look.

"Yes, but not all of them can. These little ones." Hana said, pointing to the babies. "They're fighters. The world said they couldn't make it, yet here they are."

Hana watched as Doyoung's eyes softened. "So you're here to support them?

Hana nodded her head. "Doyoung, some of their parents don't even want them."

Doyoung turned, placing his hands on the class as he leaned forward. "Hana, do you want kids?"

Hana was take aback by the sudden question. "Well um.. I would like a husband first but yes, I've always loved kids so I would definitely want one myself."

Doyoung nodded his head, taking her words in while still looking at the small babies. "I want kids too. I feel like I would make a good father, don't you think?"

Doyoung has a smirk on his face as he turned towards Hana, waiting for her answer.

"I'll believe that when your child loves you as much as Sooji does." Hana said, placing her hands in the pocket of her doctors coat. "Let's go, I'm tired."

"Alright." Doyoung said, following her to the elevator. When the doors closed, he realized what Hana had said. "Let's go?"

Hana nodded her head. "Yeah, I don't want to cook tonight."

Doyoung shook his head. "Since when did you start inviting yourself over?"

Hana stepped out of the elevator before sticker her tongue at him. "Admit it, you wanted me to come, that's why you came to find me. Otherwise, you would have left."

This girl, Doyoung thought as Hana started running. "Hey, where are you going?"

"Last one to the attending's lounge has to do the dishes!" Hana yelled, giggling as she ran down the halls, earning looks from the hospital staff.

...

"What's wrong, I thought you were making your arrest today." Doyoung said as Taeyong entered the house, head down. Taeyong threw his briefcase on the couch.

"Yeah, I was. But there was just one problem." Taeyong said with a grunt. He suddenly jumped as he saw Hana's presence.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." Hana said as she wrapped her arm around Doyoung's. "What happened?"

"So I was going through the files, you know, to see if Dr. Lee has any other charges on him, but there was just this one problem." Taeyong said, stressing the word.

"Which was?" Doyoung asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Dr. Lee doesn't exist."

———————————————————————————

Renjun and Doyoung content? Both my biases? Omg i might die