Chapter 22

"What do you mean?" Jeno asked, leaning forward. Doyoung let out a sigh.

"It was a routine angioplasty. Dr. Lee did everything right but Jaemin's artery ruptered which caused his artery to explode. These notes are also very general, I need more infomration to know exactly what was wrong, like the size of the balloon used." Doyoung said, passing the notes back. "Were either of you inside?"

Jaehyun shook his head. "No, Dr. Lee didn't allow Hana or I to go in. It was only him and his group of attendings."

"Do you have enough information to file the suit without this? Maybe a word from Renjun?" Doyoung asked Taeyong. Taeyong glanced at Jaehyun.

"Unfortunately, after Jaemin's death, Renjun became unstable again." Jaehyun said with a sigh as Jeno looked down into his lap.

"What do you mean?" Doyoung asked. Jeno looked up at Doyoung.

"Renjun never left the hospital."

...

"I can't believe that idiot thought I was the cause of Jaemin's death! Please." Hana mumbled to herself as she worked on her surgery. Jungwoo glanced at her from the sides.

"Um, Dr. Kang, are you okay?" Jungwoo asked.

"I am perfectly fine." Hana said, angrily placing her tool on the tray. "Forceps."

"If you're not in a good mood, I can ask Dr. Moon to take over." Jungwoo said. Hana shot him a look.

"If you dare call Taeil, I'll make sure you never see the inside of an operating room again." Hana threatened. Jungwoo gulped.

"Isn't the weather lovely today, Dr. Kang?" Jungwoo said, quickly changing the topic.

...

"What do you mean?" Doyoung asked, staring at the young boy. Jeno sighed.

"After Jaemin died, Renjun's conditioned worsened to a point where he could no longer be in the same room as Jeno. He was moved back to the psychiatric ward. We soon learned that saying Jaemin's name triggered something in his head, causing him to lash out." Jaehyun explained. Doyoung nodded his head.

"I see." Doyoung said, sensing it was a sensitive topic. "But why didn't you file the suit earlier?"

"You're forgetting that I was still an orphan with a tumor at the time. I eventually got a liver transplant and was cured, but I was still in a lot of debt. I did end up paying it all back though." Jeno informed him.

"Jeno tried filing the malpractice lawsuit last year with another prosecutor but there wasn't enough evidence and the case was slipped under the table." Taeyong told him.

"I didn't even know since I was so busy focusing on school. I went to Taeyong as soon as I found out, which leads us to where we are right now." Jeno said.

"Why are you two here, though? Dr. Lee isn't here anymore so there's not much we can do." Jaehyun pointed out.

"We came here for him." Taeyong said, pointing to his best friend. "With these records, we were hoping that Doyoung could vouch for us and say that Dr. Lee was wrong and that it was a malpractice case."

Doyoung sighed as he flipped through his papers. "I'm sorry, there's just not enough here to truly say that he was in the wrong." Doyoung told them. Jeno nodded his head.

"It's okay, it was worth a try." Jeno said. As Doyoung looked at each and everyone of the components of the files, he realized something.

"Jaehyun, you said Jaemin died on the table?"