Chapter 12

"I'll be back tomorrow morning." Taeyong said as he stood by the door of the sixteen-year old boy's hospital room. The family had left the hospital.

"That's fine." Hana answered. She watched as Doyoung passed the recorder back to him.

"You'll want to listen to that." Doyoung told him.

"Alright." Taeyong said, placing the recorder back in his pocket. "I hope you don't mind the policemen staying here overnight."

"Not like we have much of a choice." Doyoung answered. Taeyong nodded and made his way out, leaving Hana with Doyoung.

"Well, I'm going to get to my rescheduled surgeries, you should too." Doyoung said, rubbing his hands together.

"Right." Hana said, turning towards the board. Her tumor removal had been pushed to later that day.

"I'm guessing your dinner with Taeil was cancelled?" Doyoung asked. Hana nodded.

"That was the only good thing that happened today."

...

Hana was at the nurses' station after her last surgery, writing down some notes when Taeil came towards her, stretching his arms above his head.

"Long day, huh." Taeil said as he leaned over the counter.

"Yup." Hana replied, keeping her eyes glued to the clipboard.

"So dinner-"

"Is cancelled because of what happened today. Chairman Kang has a lot of paperwork to do." Hana said, placing the clipboard down.

"It's late, why don't we go out and get something." Taeil suggested.

"Actually, I have plans." Hana lied just as Doyoung joined them at the nurses' station.

"How was your surgery?" Doyoung asked.

"It was good, it was a simple transplant anyways." Taeil answered with a smile.

"I was asking Hana." Doyoung said, eyes still glued to the clipboard in his hands. She heard Taeil scoff before walking away. Doyoung put his pen down, turning to glance at Hana. "How was the tumor removal?"

"It was good, I was going to check on him before I leave." Hana responded. Doyoung nodded his head.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Doyoung said.

"You're not leaving?" Hana asked. Doyoung shook his head.

"I'm on call tonight."

"I see." Hana said, nodding her head. She turned to the whiteboard and sure enough, Doyoung's name was there as the surgeon on call. She passed the clipboard to the nurses.

"See you tomorrow." Hana said to Doyoung before heading out.

...

Hana laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling. She had made herself dinner and did a bit of research for the project she was working on. This had all distracted her from the day's events but as she laid there in her bed, it all came rushing back to her.

Hana turned to her side, picking up the phone on the bedside table.

11:00pm...

She rolled out of her bed, grabbing her car keys and bag before heading out of the house.

...

Doyoung rubbed his eyes before looking at the clock at the nurses station. It's only 11:15pm. Doyoung let out a sigh, putting the clipboard in his hands down.