Chapter 11

Many of the staff members immediately backed away. "I'm not going to help the shooter."

Doyoung wanted to tug his hair in frustration but they didn't have the time. "If we want to save the boy, he needs to be in an OR, now." The staff stayed frozen.

"Everyone, I know this is hard but it would be better if I could hear what he has to say." Taeyong said, trying to help his friend but the staff didn't budge until Jungwoo came.

"Hey, do you need help?" Jungwoo asked Doyoung.

"Yes, please." Doyoung said, pushing the bed himself since no one else wanted to help. Taeyong helped as well, the three of them pushing the bed to an operating room.

"Why isn't anyone else helping?" Jungwoo asked.

"This is the shooter." Taeyong said, and Doyoung expected Jungwoo to leave the second he heard that but the boy kept pushing.

"Oh." That was all that left Jungwoo's mouth.

"You're not going to leave?" Doyoung asked. Jungwoo shook his head.

"The police can deal with that part later. Right now we need to save his life." Jungwoo said.

"Um, I need to watch to make sure nothing happens." Taeyong said as they arrived at the doors of the operating room just as Haechan and Taeil walked out.

"Are you two busy?" Doyoung asked. They both shook their heads.

"Jungwoo, let's roll him in and get prepped for surgery. Haechan, can you grab this man some scrubs?" Doyoung instructed.

"Why is he going into an operating room?" Taeil asked, narrowing his eyes at Taeyong. Taeyong sighed before taking out his identification.

"Lee Taeyong, I'm a prosecutor and this young man bleeding out in front of us right now is the shooter." Taeyong informed them. "I need to keep an eye on him."

Taeil bit his lip and Doyoung could tell he was uncomfortable with the new information on the patient. "Taeil, can you relieve Hana and send her to me?" Doyoung asked. For once, Taeil didn't object and went back inside.

"Great everyone, let's move." Doyoung said, pushing the bed inside.

...

"Why is there no one here?" Hana asked as she entered the operating room where Doyoung was already working. She noticed a man with familiar eyes standing in the corner. "Taeyong?"

"Hi Hana." Taeyong responded.

"This one's the shooter so no one wanted to operate and that's why he's here. Jungwoo I need more suction." Doyoung looked up to take a deep breath to look at her. "Are you in are out?"

Hana gulped, moving closer to the open body on the table. "It's a kid right, a paediatric case?" Hana asked.

"Yes, the patient is sixteen years old." Jungwoo told her.

"Then I'm in." Hana said, taking Jungwoo's place.

...

"He should wake up in a few hours." Hana heard Doyoung tell Taeyong as she stood outside the hospital room. Despite how close the bullet wound was to the patient's heart, Doyoung had successfully completed the surgery without any complications.

Policemen lined the halls to ensure that the shooter didn't escape. Hana placed the clipboard in her hands down as Doyoung came out with Taeyong.

"Where's Jungwoo?" Doyoung asked her.

"He went to go check up on the other patients." Hana told him. Doyoung nodded before turning to Taeyong.

"Is there anything else that you need?" Doyoung asked. Taeyong shook his head.