Chapter 3 - Monastery

I spent quite some time in my dorm thinking about anything really before I got a call on my comm link from Rex.

"Yes Rex?" I asked.

"Your presence is requested down in the briefing room." Rex said.

"On my way." I replied as I put all my armour on and walked off to go to the briefing room.

Upon entering the briefing room, I saw Anakin, Rex, Ahsoka and Obi Wan all standing around what looked like a hologram of the place I presumed we'd be attacking.

"So, what's happening?" I asked.

"The monastery that we're attacking is too heavily fortified for us to mount an assault from the air." Rex said. "We're going to have to land on the ground down here and make our way up to the top."

"Using steel cables and walkers I presume." I said.

"Yes sir." Rex said.

"Well then. I presume you've made all the plans for everything and told all the troops because you're in charge of this." I said.

"Yes sir. Everybody is ready for the assault." Rex replied.

"Good. Now we've just got to hope that no-one is afraid of heights." I said with a smile.

We all just stood there looking at the hologram for a second, not saying anything.

"What do we do once we've taken the monastery?" Ahsoka asked.

"We split up and find Jabba's son." Anakin said. "Once we've found him, we take him back to Jabba in return for access to his hyperspace routes."

"You're not in charge but ok." I said.

"Well neither are you." Anakin replied as he looked at me angrily.

"Didn't say I was."

Anakin went to reply but just sighed and gave up.

"Anyway, we'll be arriving over Teth shortly." Obi Wan said. "I'd recommend that we go get ready now because every second we waste is another second that Jabba's son is in danger."

"Understood." I replied as we all walked out of the briefing room and made our way down to the hangar.

Anakin and Obi Wan went up to the bridge to go talk to the admiral, Rex went about ordering the troops while I just stood and watched. After a couple seconds, Ahsoka walked over next to me.

"Hello." I said as I turned to face Ahsoka.

"Hiya, I was just wondering, you're only 15 as a Field Marshal, so how long have you been fighting in the military for?" Ahsoka asked.

"I stared training at, 6 I think? Properly joined the army at 12 and became Field Marshal when my dad died when I was about 13 and a half." I said.

"Ok." Ahsoka said as she looked down at the floor. "Are you an only child or do you have siblings?" She asked.

"I've got a brother. He's a clone commander for some other division, I don't really know. I haven't seen him in a while." I said.

"Ok. What's his name?" Ahsoka asked.

"Commander Ryan." I replied.

Ahsoka nodded before looking back at the floor.

"Why'd you not see him much?" Ahsoka asked.

"I'm a Field Marshal. I don't have time for family business or stuff like that. I wish I had time to hang out with my brothers, both cloned and not, but I'm always going from one battle to the next." I said.